Connect2K 17 jun. 2014 às 9:53
Any for Valve to buy Capcom?
Since Capcom is up for sale, I wounder if you think Valve should buy Capcom?
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 26 comentários
IceBear310 17 jun. 2014 às 10:13 
hmm i don't know, maybe just for mega man remakes on steam =)) or all mega man games
Última alteração por IceBear310; 17 jun. 2014 às 10:13
Kargor 17 jun. 2014 às 10:20 
Well, if they are for sale, they probably aren't cheap. That's not a -90% sale, probably :-)

On the positive side -- I don't think Capcom has shooters, whereas Valve is almost entirely focused on shooters (DOTA-2 being an exception). So it would certainly broaden their portfolio.

On the other hand, if Capcom is for sale then they aren't doing all that well, probably. Valve doesn't have truckloads of money sitting around to rescue failed businesses. If they actually wanted a Capcom-IP, buying just that is probably much cheaper :-)
Última alteração por Kargor; 17 jun. 2014 às 10:21
Spawn of Totoro 17 jun. 2014 às 10:21 
Originalmente postado por Kargor:
On the positive side -- I don't think Capcom has shooters, whereas Valve is almost entirely focused on shooters (DOTA-2 being an exception). So it would certainly broaden their portfolio.

I would have loved to see a FPS MegaMan game...
DarkCrysis11 17 jun. 2014 às 10:52 
Any for Valve to buy Capcom?
Grimminski 17 jun. 2014 às 10:57 
Originalmente postado por DarkCrysis11:
Misleading. Capcom is a publicly traded company, anybody can buy a few shares and have a stake in it. The company *as a whole* is not for sale.

What you're thinking of is that the shareholders didn't pass a motion that would protect them from someone buying up a bunch of shares. You can't just walk in and buy the Capcom name.
Última alteração por Grimminski; 17 jun. 2014 às 10:58
DarkCrysis11 17 jun. 2014 às 11:03 
Summary:
Capcom're listed in the TSE (Tokyo Stock Exchange), only. It has 67,723 million shares issued. Of this total 11,490 are from Capcom's own treasury, then just tells the rest. The rest (56 233), the structure is like this:

Crossroad Limited 5,276
J. P. Morgan Chase Bank 385632 4,322
818 517 Nomura Bank (Luxembourg) SA S / Nomura Multi Currency JP Stock Leaders Fd 2,604
Kenzo Tsujimoto 2,008
Misako Tsujimoto 1,964
State Street Bank and Trust Company 505223 1,920
The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd. (Trust Account) 1,803
Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd. (Trust Account) 1,709
Yoshiyuki Tsujimoto 1,669
State Street Bank and Trust Company 1,654

Not sure what Crossroad Limited is probably an investment fund. Whereas it is, banks are 7 and 3 ♥♥♥♥ to be the founders.
Fast Account, taking into account that there was no stock split (I think there was), and also that no one should hold than it has today, all the free-float of Capcom - 55.66% of the Company - (31,304) costs as of today approximately 532,168 million dollars.
Black Blade 17 jun. 2014 às 14:59 
Well, if they are for sale, they probably aren't cheap. That's not a -90% sale, probably :-)

On the other hand, if Capcom is for sale then they aren't doing all that well, probably. Valve doesn't have truckloads of money sitting around to rescue failed businesses. If they actually wanted a Capcom-IP, buying just that is probably much cheaper :-)
Well there is also Alien Swarm

Originalmente postado por Spawn of Totoro:
That i really agree.. if its made right
commodore256 17 jun. 2014 às 20:27 
Originalmente postado por Jammy Bastard:
Originalmente postado por DarkCrysis11:
Misleading. Capcom is a publicly traded company, anybody can buy a few shares and have a stake in it. The company *as a whole* is not for sale.

What you're thinking of is that the shareholders didn't pass a motion that would protect them from someone buying up a bunch of shares. You can't just walk in and buy the Capcom name.

If you own 51% of a company, that company is yours.
Última alteração por commodore256; 17 jun. 2014 às 21:13
Random Reference #98 17 jun. 2014 às 20:50 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.Megaman
Be careful what you wish for...
commodore256 17 jun. 2014 às 21:14 
Originalmente postado por Random Reference #49:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.Megaman
Be careful what you wish for...

That's a Fan made doom mod, how about something like Metroid prime that's not locked to Nintendo Consoles only?
Última alteração por commodore256; 17 jun. 2014 às 21:14
 KARR™ 18 jun. 2014 às 5:24 
Originalmente postado por commodore256:

You'd own the controlling share of the company, but you'd need access to their articles of association or partnership agreement to know what you can and can't do with that control.

You start doing things without the consent of the other minority holders or stopping them getting access to parts while still working normally and they can sue you and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
GenPattonBR 18 jun. 2014 às 7:09 
Originalmente postado por commodore256:

Everything KARR wrote, plus:

It also depends on the kind of stock you have, and that varies from country to country.

In Brazil, for example, there are stocks that give you voting rights (and, eventually, control), and there are stocks that only give you profit share, but no voting rights.

The Japanese market may have its own rules regarding stocks and voting rights, so any further discussion regarding control of the company through stock ownership depends on knowing how it is in Japan.

commodore256 18 jun. 2014 às 11:51 
You can call a vote to change the company "Whoever wants capcom to become an LLC, say Aye".
Cerisu ❤ 18 jun. 2014 às 13:34 
No, Capcom's product line doesn't really fit in well with Valve's style.
If they do though, I hope to see some FPS Megaman.
commodore256 18 jun. 2014 às 13:56 
Originalmente postado por Wawawawaluigi:
No, Capcom's product line doesn't really fit in well with Valve's style.
If they do though, I hope to see some FPS Megaman.

Valve would make Street Fighter V Free to Play, have free DLC and only charge for user-generated vanity content like costumes and sell tickets to eSports events.

Resident Evil would be like Half-Life and I think they would commission Wayfoward to make Megaman.
Última alteração por commodore256; 18 jun. 2014 às 13:57
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 26 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 17 jun. 2014 às 9:53
Comentários: 26