Megative Jun 9 @ 2:28pm
Steam Market bots.
I have been noticed many same players selling various items in steam market and I know that they are bots. They are used for buy under priced items and sell them back to market for profit.
It is against rules using bot in market?

EDIT: I did find out how to spot them easily.
You do this: Buy Vintage Pyrovision Goggles from market then resell it to market for lowest price possible. Then it will buy market bot within seconds and on "My Market History" you can see who bought it. Go to his profile and report him being bot in market.
It costs 4 cents per report(with euros).
Last edited by Megative; Jul 26 @ 2:56pm
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Pepper Jul 26 @ 2:17pm 
You may not use Cheats, automation software (bots), mods, hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software, to modify or automate any Subscription Marketplace process.

Straight out of the subsriber agreement.

also:
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1e03tn/iama_steam_market_bot_writer_who_recently_got/
Megative Jul 26 @ 2:29pm 
Oh, I forgot that I asked this long time ago. Thank you very much for telling.
Night Cat Jul 26 @ 2:30pm 
Does steam not allow you to submit "WTB" offers like where a card is now selling at 9c, I can say I want to buy 10 cards at 5c and if someone sells at 5c I will get it?
Megative Jul 26 @ 2:43pm 
Originally posted by Night Cat:
Does steam not allow you to submit "WTB" offers like where a card is now selling at 9c, I can say I want to buy 10 cards at 5c and if someone sells at 5c I will get it?
Yes. Thanks for it, bots have harder time to do profit with steam items but they still do with in game items like keys and stuff.
Blargh 5 hours ago 
It seems like it would be hard to make a profit with how much steam and the games devs take but i believe you because of how quickly some items i have put up have sold.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50