Erix Jul 22 @ 6:13am
Steam Key Site's
There are site's where you can buy steam key's and noticed that when you typ the name of some of them they show up as hearths on the forum so now I am wondering are those site's legal?

PS
Sorry for my bad grammar (probaly)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Kargor Jul 22 @ 6:18am 
Of course they are completely legit. Steam merely turns their names into little hearts because they like them so much...

Seriously, why do you even ask? There are completely normal shops selling keys (such as Amazon, Greenmangaming or the Humble store, to name the ones that I use in addition to the Steam store), but these don't have "great offers" (unless it's on a sale). Take a minute and think about why the sites you have mentioned have supercheap games...
Last edited by Kargor; Jul 22 @ 6:20am
Vitdom Jul 22 @ 6:22am 
Buying steam keys are legal. However, many of these sites conduct chargebacks after the transaction, meaning game developers have to pay fees and later nullify the game license.

Amazon, GMG and Humble are great sites that are not fraudulent.
Last edited by Vitdom; Jul 22 @ 6:23am
Erix Jul 22 @ 6:30am 
Originally posted by Kargor:
Of course they are completely legit. Steam merely turns their names into little hearts because they like them so much...

Seriously, why do you even ask? There are completely normal shops selling keys (such as Amazon, Greenmangaming or the Humble store, to name the ones that I use in addition to the Steam store), but these don't have "great offers" (unless it's on a sale). Take a minute and think about why the sites you have mentioned have supercheap games...

let me say it otherwhise I also want to know if it hurts the developers and if it does how much?
i gues it hurts them looking at what vitdom had to say
Soulgain Jul 22 @ 7:37am 
perhaps he is talking about giveaways?
Satoru Jul 22 @ 7:42am 
Originally posted by Soulgain:
perhaps he is talking about giveaways?

He's talking about shady cd-key sites that get URL filtered
AntiClimactic Jul 22 @ 11:08am 
yeah, stuff like this seems real sketchy
Marcus Patonius (Banned) Jul 22 @ 2:11pm 
Amazon and Humble Bundle are legit, but like most anything it is always good to do some research on a website before you by anything from it.
Random Reference #49 Jul 22 @ 4:01pm 
Just get your keys from legit sites. Look what happened with the new Sniper Elite, a bunch of those shady sites were selling stolen keys for it and the people that bought them had their game removed from their library and had to try and deal with those shady sites to get their money back which I'm guessing didn't go to well for most.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 22 @ 6:13am