Svirre Jul 28 @ 6:01am
Trojan tried to buy cases in CS:GO while i was AFK
Hello.

Today when i got back from walking the dog i noticed that the mouse was moving all over the screen by itself.

When i got closer to the screen i saw that it was actually trying to buy weapon cases from the CS:GO marketplace. I think it was about 90€ / case they tried to buy from my account. Thing is i have to write my CVV to be able to buy ♥♥♥♥ on steam and these clowns obviously used some automated mouse-script since it just kept on trying to buy the stupid ♥♥♥♥ing case.

Turned off computer, rebooted and ran a couple of scans etc and got the computer clean. Did not happen again, atleast for now.

I have absolutely no idea what it came from. How they got it in etc. but i'm definately sure it was targeting CS:GO users as the script was searching for a specifik CS:GO weapon case etc.

Just a heads up. Dont have steam running in the background while away. Atleast not until someone figures this ♥♥♥♥ out -.-

BR

Svirre
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Charlizard Jul 28 @ 9:51am 
Are you certain this could not be from a recently downloaded file or a person who you added recenly on steam sent you a link?
TeKraken Jul 28 @ 10:06am 
If someone has remote access to your PC you have bigger issues than leaving steam running.
Svirre Jul 28 @ 1:11pm 
I do know my way around a computer. And no, there was obviously not someone with remote access to my computer. It was scripted. I did not download anything recently that would be infected.

As i wrote. It was targeting the certain cases in CS:GO. It wasnt running around my computer looking at ♥♥♥♥ (Not that i have anything else on this computer than games anyway).
Silicon Vampire Jul 28 @ 1:32pm 
Your own description of events points toward a remote access security hole. You can't really script mouse movements without being on the very same computer you are running the script on, as far as I am aware.
Dental Plan Jul 28 @ 3:41pm 
One thing I always make sure I do when I install windows is to make sure remote access is completely turned off. Hopefully the damage isn't to severe and you can get things fixed.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 28 @ 6:01am