This topic has been locked
EBSCO Jul 23, 2014 @ 8:55am
Stolen account.
Hi, sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section but i didn't know where to go. I was scammed and my steam account is stolen. Obviously he changed the contact e-mail so i cant change my password. But this isn't my question. First i sent 2 tickets to steam support this Friday then i closed all of them and made a new one with my account username, password and i added one in-game picture (Dota 2) and i added 2 screenshots from my e-mail when he changed e-mail settings and tried to access my account. My question here is how much do i have to wait since it has been 5 days and i still didn't get a reply from steam support and are information provided above enough to convince them that that's my account. This is the first time something like this happened to me and i hope they will reply by this Friday since he can trade my items after that. Oh and one more question, if he trades my items, and steam returns my account will they reverse the trades that scammer made ?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
EBSCO Jul 23, 2014 @ 1:32pm 
Thank you for the response, as i said i already sent steam support a ticket hopefully they will answer soon :)
HydrixHD Jul 23, 2014 @ 9:26pm 
Originally posted by EBSCO:
Thank you for the response, as i said i already sent steam support a ticket hopefully they will answer soon :)
Steam Support should resolve this as the username for the account can be never changed.
EBSCO Jul 24, 2014 @ 3:37am 
Originally posted by ÐarkѦssassin438™:
Originally posted by EBSCO:
Steam Support should resolve this as the username for the account can be never changed.

I don't understand what are you trying to say ?
Fnatic.puppey Aug 23, 2014 @ 8:11pm 
@EBSCO did you get your account now ? how many days ?
Echo Aug 24, 2014 @ 1:05am 
I'm not sure if you guys care at all or already know im sure you do but i did some digging, and found a list of sites on a russian server that is doing the phishing/hijacking of accounts as someone just attempted on me pass it on if you want but heres a list for future reference.
{LINK REMOVED}stearncornmunity.com
{LINK REMOVED}steammcormmunity.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamcomrmunirty.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamcomrnuity.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamcornmurity.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamconmunirty.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamcormuniity.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamcommunlnty.com
{LINK REMOVED}stearncommurity.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamcornmunicty.com
{LINK REMOVED}steamcoomnmunty.com
ReBoot Aug 24, 2014 @ 1:21am 
Originally posted by Echo:
I'm not sure if you guys care at all or already know im sure you do but i did some digging, and found a list of sites on a russian server that is doing the phishing/hijacking of accounts as someone just attempted on me pass it on if you want but heres a list for future reference.
Do something useful with that list, e.g. report them to Google and Microsoft (as both run phishing filters).
I've tried to report one of them to it's hoster, but the Russian hoster doesn't give a squat. The abuse mail address is unavailable, the mail address of the dude who registered the domain is unavailable so the civilized way is unavailable.
Black Blade Aug 24, 2014 @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by ReBoot:
Do something useful with that list, e.g. report them to Google and Microsoft (as both run phishing filters).
I've tried to report one of them to it's hoster, but the Russian hoster doesn't give a squat. The abuse mail address is unavailable, the mail address of the dude who registered the domain is unavailable so the civilized way is unavailable.
Only thing is i do not think Google Or microsoft will do anything abut it as long as its not the full link, so they cant see its a phishing site from just its start
ReBoot Aug 24, 2014 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by Black Blade (card rain):
Originally posted by ReBoot:
Only thing is i do not think Google Or microsoft will do anything abut it as long as its not the full link, so they cant see its a phishing site from just its start
Sure thing they can.
Sakura (Out of town-back soon) Aug 24, 2014 @ 7:15am 
Here is another helpful Guide for you as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=265127337
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 23, 2014 @ 8:55am