dh Aug 25 @ 5:50pm
scammers?
These past 2 weeks I've gotten lots of friend requests from people with private profiles, generic names and have profile pics mostly from PayDay2 or Awesomenauts and a few of the default pics that Valve provides. I added 2 of them and their profiles were still private. Not really sure about this, but it seems to happen during or after I played CSGO. I dont really know what to make of this. Bots? Scammers?
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
WhereIsBusmin Aug 25 @ 6:50pm 
Originally posted by dh:
These past 2 weeks I've gotten lots of friend requests from people with private profiles, generic names and have profile pics mostly from PayDay2 or Awesomenauts and a few of the default pics that Valve provides. I added 2 of them and their profiles were still private. Not really sure about this, but it seems to happen during or after I played CSGO. I dont really know what to make of this. Bots? Scammers?

It's likely something phishy... err, fishy. Be cautious when strangers add you and watch for fake Steam links and sites. Report users who do attempt to phish you via their profiles ("More" > "Report Violation").

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177244559
ZxxxY Aug 26 @ 6:02am 
Same happened to me. Just block em' all
bOSNJ@_Ghostface Killah Aug 26 @ 7:38am 
you guys need to do something with them they are so boring! :D
Nutz Aug 26 @ 9:08am 
Yeah im getting this. they are phishing links dont click them they are picking your name from the market. Just use the report button and select the phishing options and copy and paste into the vilation box.

it is getting beyond a joke. Are you doing anything to combat this steam?
dh Aug 26 @ 9:24am 
I know what to do, but the problem is that this is getting annoying and its getting worse.
Nutz Aug 26 @ 9:26am 
Originally posted by dh:
I know what to do, but the problem is that this is getting annoying and its getting worse.

i agree with you but what can be done besides credit card validation on steam accounts
dh Aug 26 @ 9:28am 
Even then they'll find a way to make an account. I guess we'll have to deal with it
Hanomaly Aug 26 @ 9:46am 
no bots ever try to friend me!! some of you have all the luck!

dh Aug 26 @ 10:00am 
Cant express how lucky I feel :D
ashmeister2170 Aug 26 @ 12:22pm 
SCAMMERS
Hello I am here to help people about scammers someone sent me this

Lambo: Hi. My friend can't add you as a friend, he receives an error "exceeded limit add friends for 1 day" - but he very wants to trade with you. Please add him.
steamcommnutily.com/id/SeLecTo/.

If u look at the link steamcommNUTILY!!!! It's a fake thing to scam you never open these links people are always sending me these just be careful
ashmeister2170 Aug 26 @ 12:27pm 
Lambo: Hi. My friend can't add you as a friend, he receives an error "exceeded limit add friends for 1 day" - but he very wants to trade with you. Please add him.
steamcommnutily.com/id/SeLecTo/

This is what I got form someone NEVER open the links as u can see its a scam looks what they done to the normal steam community thing they changed it to steam commuNUTILY so be careful
٠ [U][A]-derp Aug 26 @ 12:30pm 
People are phishing like crazy. I get at least one or two messages a week wanting me to visit steamcornmunity or some other stupid phishing site.
đrac Aug 26 @ 12:33pm 
SCAMMERS / HACKERS!!!!
Lately there have been a lot of unknown account adding ppl as fren, then when you accept they will pm you saying that they have someone who wants to trade with you or their friend has a good offer for you. They will ask you to add their fren as fren for it. Those are scammers!!!! Your account will be hacked as soon as you add them, because those links to those accounts are fake and will your account will be hack.

I have reported all of them but i am sure there are more. Guys pls becareful. Read the url of the links they ask you to add carefully and you will see its not steam accounts

I hope steam will eradicate all these hackers!!! To those hackers, I hope you and your family rot in hell!!!!
đrac Aug 26 @ 12:37pm 
i am not sure, but i think Steam should find a way to at least curb these. Its very disruptive to the community. Just my two cents
Mr. Gency Aug 26 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by đrac:
To those hackers, I hope you and your family rot in hell!!!!
What do their families have to do with this? It's not their fault their child is hijacking Steam accounts.

How did I miss Busmin posting that guide before me?
Last edited by Mr. Gency; Oct 15 @ 10:48pm
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50