Princess Sarah Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:13pm
Hey is Archeage Region locked? if so can I get a refund?
I just bought this day and I bought it with my debit card in the philippines the transaction went smooth and it made me purchase the silver founders pack but when I searched for the game again it says its not available in my region? please !! help I want a refund
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Satoru Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:29pm 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/304030/?cc=ph

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

You can't buy the game ifyou're in the phillipines

Ergo you may want to explain 'how' you were able to purchase something that is impossible to do
Princess Sarah Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:32pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/304030/?cc=ph

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

You can't buy the game ifyou're in the phillipines

Ergo you may want to explain 'how' you were able to purchase something that is impossible to do

I clicked the archeage game just fine that time and I researched a bit and I was compelled to play the game so I just checked my American debit card and It was almost empty so I payed using my Mastercard in the philippines and it went smoothly it let me pay for it but as I downloaded it I clicked the store page from the archeage game tab and it says that this game is unavailable in my region
Satoru Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:34pm 
And again I will reiterate

You CANNOT buy the game if you're located in the Phillipines

Ergo HOW are you able to buy something that is IMPOSSIBLE to do

Unless
1) youare not physically located in the phillipines
2) you are using a vpn proxy to bypass regional restrictions
Last edited by Satoru; Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:34pm
Princess Sarah Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:36pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
And again I will reiterate

You CANNOT buy the game if you're located in the Phillipines

Ergo HOW are you able to buy something that is IMPOSSIBLE to do
Just as I said! when I clicked the game from the features page because it was featured at that time it was still accessible for me but after I payed the game with my Mastercard that was made here in the Philippines ! it sas the game was region locked

Satoru Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:37pm 
And again I will reiterate

What you 'claim' you did IS IMPOSSIBLE if you live in the phillipines. THe game is region locked and you can't even hit the store page if you are in teh Phillipines

Ergo you are somehow bypassing the region restrictions which isn't Steams fault

Ergo you have to explain HOW you are bypassing the regional restrictions on the Steam store. Why do you mention an 'american debit card'. are you browsing the US steam store? Are you an expat from the USA? How did you bypass the regional restriction on the store page

1) WHERE are you phyiscally located RIGHT NOW
2) Where is the billing address on yoru Steam account pointing to
Last edited by Satoru; Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:40pm
Princess Sarah Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:39pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
And again I will reiterate

What you 'claim' you did IS IMPOSSIBLE if you live in the phillipines. THe game is region locked and you can't even hit the store page if you are in teh Phillipines

Ergo you are somehow bypassing the region restrictions
I DON'T KNOW!! Maybe because I have 2 debit cards the other one was from the time I was in texas! I bought things from that card too
Princess Sarah Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:42pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
And again I will reiterate

What you 'claim' you did IS IMPOSSIBLE if you live in the phillipines. THe game is region locked and you can't even hit the store page if you are in teh Phillipines

Ergo you are somehow bypassing the region restrictions which isn't Steams fault

Ergo you have to explain HOW you are bypassing the regional restrictions on the Steam store. Why do you mention an 'american debit card'. are you browsing the US steam store? Are you an expat from the USA? How did you bypass the regional restriction on the store page

1) WHERE are you phyiscally located RIGHT NOW
2) Where is the billing address on yoru Steam account pointing to
I am in the Philippines right now
I updated the Billing address to my address here in the Philippines when I bought archeage today
Satoru Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:42pm 
You have to contact Support. But you're doing something wrong if you're in the Phillipines but are using an American credit card, something Steam DOES NOT allow.

Plus the Steam store would redirect you to the PH site which clearly shows the game is blocked.
Last edited by Satoru; Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:43pm
Princess Sarah Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:43pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
You have to contact Support. But you're doing something wrong if you're in the Phillipines but are using an American credit card, something Steam DOES NOT allow.
I told you I used the debit card that I have in the Philippines
jobert Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:07am 
OP has a comprehension problem I guess this is not his native language, no offense.

Satoru is asking how you can access a region locked site BEFORE you purchased the game and you keep answering about your debit cards.

Forget the debit cards because that is your payment platform. It has nothing to do with how you accessed the payment page for the game.

Ask how you even got to the payment site or even game site? Did you access it from another country that is not region locked with the game? Did you have someone in the US buy it for you?

Again, if you don't understand the questions, do not answer anything about your debit card. It has nothing to do with it.

Best is really ask Steam but be mindful of the situation and use google translate to better understand the questions.
Last edited by jobert; Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:15am
Princess Sarah Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:14am 
Originally posted by jobert:
OP has a comprehension problem I guess this is not his native language
Satoru is asking how you can access a region locked site BEFORE you purchased the game and you keep answering about your debit cards.

Forget the debit cards because that is your payment platform.

Ask how you even got to the payment site or even game site?

Again, if you don't understand the questions, do not answer anything about your debit card.


Originally posted by jobert:
OP has a comprehension problem I guess this is not his native language
Satoru is asking how you can access a region locked site BEFORE you purchased the game and you keep answering about your debit cards.

Forget the debit cards because that is your payment platform.

Ask how you even got to the payment site or even game site?

Again, if you don't understand the questions, do not answer anything about your debit card.
Ohhh sorry about that, I was so astonished to find out that the game I bought was region blocked that made my brain refused to understand what satoru was asking , Well I have this theory I logged in to different computers when I was in texas maybe those computers were allowing my account here in the Philippines having access to those normally region locked pages ?
jobert Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:18am 
Now we're getting somewhere.

That could be it. Maybe your account was tagged as "US-based" on Steam.

Best to contact Steam now and explain your situation. It'll take awhile for the refund to process but at least you can explain to them how you accessed a region-locked page.
Princess Sarah Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:21am 
Originally posted by jobert:
Now we're getting somewhere.

That could be it. Maybe your account was tagged as "US-based" on Steam.

Best to contact Steam now and explain your situation. It'll take awhile for the refund to process but at least you can explain to them how you accessed a region-locked page.
Yeah that could be it . and maybe the system restarted my account as I updated to my new card since I filled the billing address with my address here
Spawn of Totoro Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:26am 
Originally posted by ALMORANAS:
Ohhh sorry about that, I was so astonished to find out that the game I bought was region blocked that made my brain refused to understand what satoru was asking , Well I have this theory I logged in to different computers when I was in texas maybe those computers were allowing my account here in the Philippines having access to those normally region locked pages ?

You had access because you were accessing the store from a US based IP address. When you went back to the Philippines, the regional restriction kicked in as you were now accessing Steam from a restricted region.

You can try to contact support, but typically they will not give refunds. Never hurts to try.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:26am
Princess Sarah Aug 18, 2014 @ 3:28pm 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
Originally posted by ALMORANAS:
Ohhh sorry about that, I was so astonished to find out that the game I bought was region blocked that made my brain refused to understand what satoru was asking , Well I have this theory I logged in to different computers when I was in texas maybe those computers were allowing my account here in the Philippines having access to those normally region locked pages ?

You had access because you were accessing the store from a US based IP address. When you went back to the Philippines, the regional restriction kicked in as you were now accessing Steam from a restricted region.

You can try to contact support, but typically they will not give refunds. Never hurts to try.
Yeah I already send 2 entries
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:13pm
Posts: 15