VahidSlayerOfAll Aug 8 @ 1:40pm
why cant we review DLC?
i just want to know why steam will not let people review DLC. it all has the same thing,
There are no public reviews for this product yet
You can write your own review for this product to share your experience with the community. Use the area above the purchase buttons on this page to write your review.
Last edited by VahidSlayerOfAll; Aug 8 @ 1:41pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
BinarySmuggler Aug 10 @ 5:16pm 
This is because the majority of dlc is not like skyrim dlc which adds a whole new part of the game. It would be worthless most of the time for somebody to complain about a 1$ weapon dlc
Gus the Crocodile Aug 10 @ 5:32pm 
Originally posted by EpicHero:
This is because the majority of dlc is not like skyrim dlc which adds a whole new part of the game. It would be worthless most of the time for somebody to complain about a 1$ weapon dlc
If people agree with you, then they won't write, and won't read, reviews for $1 weapon DLC, so there wouldn't be a problem anyway.

DLC is a product, like any other. If reviewing products becomes "worthless" when they're only a dollar, should any game that dips below that price become immune from reviews too, then?
Daggoth Aug 10 @ 6:13pm 
IIRC, it's a technical limitation.
You need to have playtime logged for the product you want to review (to avoid abuse), but DLC doesn't accrue playtime by itself because it's all logged on the base game.

Apparently there are ways to trick steam into logging playtime for DLC (by fiddling with appids or something), which is why you may see the occasional review.
VahidSlayerOfAll Aug 10 @ 6:49pm 
when you have a free game and then most of it is DLC it needs a review. and like he said games that you pay for but then can get small stuff like maps and whatnot, I think people would want to know about them and not have to google. also let me state that people who pay for in game perks like one wep or less death time are some what brain-dead. sure if you want to buy them to give money to a small business or your friends game im fine with that, but in all honesty DLC is ♥♥♥♥ing games, we now have the pleasure of having some in the new Mario. stop buying it and they will stop making it.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 8 @ 1:40pm