Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Steam Community > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Second Account - How do I get this? Would it work for two copies of the same game?
I had a hard copy of Skyrim which I played on desktop for quite a while before buying Dawnguard and Hearthfire via Steam. Since then I have been gifted with Skyrim LE (brand new hard copy) and want to put this on my laptop BUT do not want the two games to mix together.

Why? I plan to start trying my hand at some basic modding on the desktop but restart Skrim from the beginning on the laptop without having to worry about my amateur attempts at modding causing multiple crashes. Therefore two separate accounts, two totally separate games. How do I go about doing this please?
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-13 από 13 σχόλια
To be honest i am not sure its possible to be done..
Even that if i am right Skyrim has a add on selector when it start.. so maybe you can pick to use your mods when you want and disable them when you do not?
So would I then have to use an alias to make the separate account. Would this be legal with Steam or would I have to get my niece to open an account in her name with the new hardcopy?
You probably don't need to use that copy of skyrim to achieve what you want. Just don't install any mods and keep the saves separate. You could also make a new account and use family sharing without buying the game again to achieve what you wanted if really have to. And you could trade that copy of skyrim for something else.

PS:Use this to share games with you family: http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Forcen; 5 Αυγ 2014, 3:59
How does family sharing work? Doesn't that mean you have to play the game offline with multiple separate named saves? I already have some mods installed on the desktop and want to keep them.
Sorry, already posted answer before I got your link. Will check it out.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Roscaria:
How does family sharing work? Doesn't that mean you have to play the game offline with multiple separate named saves? I already have some mods installed on the desktop and want to keep them.
Nope, it will be like the person who is borrowing your library has his/her own copy of the game, separate saves, achievements and all that. Perfect for sharing with your niece, she gets her own copy of the game almost.

Still, keep in mind that you probably do not need to use family sharing with yourself to start over with skyrim with no mods. Just keep the mods out. No need to worry about extra accounts.
Family sharing that games which require a third party key, account or subscription cannot be shared between account. Does this refer to Skrim or not? How do I find out.

I did not mean that I was not going to use mods on the laptop. Only that I would be attempting making mods on the desktop which is why I wanted to keep the actual game playing separate while trying out my amateur attempts.
If you already HAVE a Skyrim, and your previous posts suggests that you do, then you can just make another account, family share your library to it, and see if Skyrim shows up as playable on the other account. You could check SteamDB, but just "try and see" requires the least knowledge of anything, and yields 100% reliable results.

Whatever you do, do NOT activate the "new" Skyrim on your old account, ever. The LE is probably a package, not just a single game, so it will happily resolve and discard everything you already have, giving you only the things that you don't already have. Not sure what the LE version contains, but it might actually mean that it doesn't give you anything and just makes the key invalid.
Unless you've decided to activate it on a different account (and double check that you're doing it on the intended one!), put it back into the box, stash it somewhere, and forget about it.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Kargor; 5 Αυγ 2014, 4:21
Family sharing that games which require a third party key, account or subscription cannot be shared between account. Does this refer to Skrim or not? How do I find out.

Well, just try to remember if the game required you to use uplay or something similar or a key after you start it. (it does not, you can share skyrim)

I did not mean that I was not going to use mods on the laptop. Only that I would be attempting making mods on the desktop which is why I wanted to keep the actual game playing separate while trying out my amateur attempts.

Then just don't save on your desktop?

Just googled a bit and this might be the only thing you need, if it does what it says: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15/?
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Forcen; 5 Αυγ 2014, 4:19
Yes I do have Skyrim Dawnguard and Hearthfire already on desktop. My concern is that if I do open a second account on the desktop wouldn't all the rubbish accumulated on my first account affect the vanilla Skyrim I want to open on the second account?
Yes I do have Skyrim Dawnguard and Hearthfire already on desktop. My concern is that if I do open a second account on the desktop wouldn't all the rubbish accumulated on my first account affect the vanilla Skyrim I want to open on the second account?

Possibly. Steam had, and possibly still has, some issues regarding DLCs and multiple accounts, enabling people to use DLCs on accounts that don't actually own them by simply installing the game through an account that has the DLCs.

Third party hacks on the game aren't manged by Steam at all, so those will always show up on all accounts.
If I remember correctly when I bought Skyrim I was totally p----d off because I found it had to be activated via Steam to play and at the time I had no internet connection. Yes it did require a key to activate it, which I guess means I cannot share Skyrim on the desktop.

Which brings me back as to whether I can open a second account using the Legendary edition which has Skyrim plus the 3 DLC's on the laptop as they were two separately bought hardcopy games
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Roscaria; 5 Αυγ 2014, 4:31
Thaanks Forecen for the link. I did check it out but I have doubts that it would achieve want I want to do.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-13 από 13 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Steam Community > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 5 Αυγ 2014, 3:49
Αναρτήσεις: 13