This topic has been locked
Green Dragon Zord™ Aug 4, 2014 @ 6:27pm
I got my account back!!! Woohoo!
So, recently my account was hijacked by someone who tried to trade away all of my items, then use my account to scam a bunch of the people on my friends list. Steam just got me my account back today and I am super stoked. It only took them about five days to get back to me regarding this issue, and they got all my items back for me as well. I couldn't be happier. Praise be to Gaben!!!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Kryzoid Aug 4, 2014 @ 6:29pm 
Congratulations! :)
Be sure to stay safe in the future. Not sure how you got hijacked - but here is a helpful resource just in case.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177244559
Stannis Baratheon (Banned) Aug 4, 2014 @ 6:32pm 
Glad to hear. Just remember to learn from the experience. :)
Altezza Aug 4, 2014 @ 6:49pm 
nice for you be careful next time!
❤ Sha Ne ❤ Aug 4, 2014 @ 10:46pm 
help me sir im in your past situation
❤ Sha Ne ❤ Aug 4, 2014 @ 10:51pm 
Green Dragon Zord™ -Would you mind to help me sir. i'm jacked too and they take all my iitems >pls help me >.<
Satsujinki Aug 4, 2014 @ 11:44pm 
Congratulation!!! You got your account back!
chiefputsa Aug 5, 2014 @ 12:18am 
Originally posted by Virtuoso:
Green Dragon Zord™ -Would you mind to help me sir. i'm jacked too and they take all my iitems >pls help me >.<

make a ticket at steam customer support page.
use an email address different from your steam account.
only steam customer support personnel can verify your problem and trace the 'hijacking' allegation.

https://support.steampowered.com/
The Unforgiven Aug 5, 2014 @ 12:29am 
why they take so long lately.i'm on my 5th day contacting steam support cuz my main acc got hijacked and still no reply.
Satsujinki Aug 5, 2014 @ 12:29am 
Originally posted by O-_-0:
why they take so long lately.i'm on my 5th day contacting steam support cuz my main acc got hijacked and still no reply.

You have to wait for their reply. Steam support is getting slower.
❤ Sha Ne ❤ Aug 5, 2014 @ 2:40am 
worst senario ever..
Green Dragon Zord™ Aug 5, 2014 @ 7:32am 
Originally posted by ❤ Sha Ne ❤:
The only thing I can recommend you do is to go make a new Support account through Steam Support - don't use your regular Steam account name - and file a ticket telling them what happened. You'll have to provide proof of ownership of the account, so if you have any CD keys for games you've purchased, write those out and send them to Steam Support, as well as screenshots of any emails they may have sent you, and if you have a credit card attached to your account, the cardholder information, and the last four digits of the card number(NOT THE WHOLE THING!). Then you cross your fingers and hope.

Also, depending on how your items were taken, you may or may not be able to get them back. If your entire account was taken, they may be able to do a one-time item revert and get them back to you. If you fell victim to a trade scammer, it is very unlikely they will be able to do anything for you.

Furthermore, I don't know what kind of scam you got hit with, but you should probably run a couple of antivirus/antimalware programs, and maybe do a system restore. The guy who stole my account had a keylogger on my computer, but after I ran a couple of those, my computer was clean, and the guy wasn't able to mess with my stuff anymore.

Originally posted by Onyxxx:
From what I've heard, it can take anywhere from three days to three weeks. I got lucky, and it only took about five days for them to get back to me. There are tons of people on Steam nowadays, and tons of people are getting scammed, having problems with their games, etc., so the ticket volume is really high lately. Just be patient and they'll get to you.
✪ KnC Aug 5, 2014 @ 10:06am 
Zord when your account was hijacked, did it happen to be the family view pin lockout? A lot of us have been experiencing this, and steam support has yet to answer any of our tickets. I just wanted to know if anyone received help yet.
raduL Aug 5, 2014 @ 10:14am 
congrats! hopefully it doesn't happen again.. that would suck
Green Dragon Zord™ Aug 5, 2014 @ 10:18am 
No, I was stupid. Someone managed to send me a message without me having added them as a friend. They were using the profile name and picture of one of my firends, whom I know in real life, so I thought it was legit. They invited me into a "tournament" that was supposedly being broadcast by Ayesee. They gave me a website to go to, which I did, not noticing that it was a fake, where you would supposedly register to be a standin. In order to do this, there is an admin profile you are told to add, but when you click on it, it takes you to a fake Steam Community site, something like steamcommumnlty or something, and when you click the add friend button it brings up a box where you enter your username/password and upload something called your Steam Community Identifier, which is actually the bypass code for your SteamGuard. After doing that, your password is given to them, and they can use the Identifier to hijack your account. Within two minutes, I was logged out of Steam, and got a message that my account was being accessed from a new IP/device, and then another saying that the email address associated with my account had been changed.

This is apparently happening a lot, as I've seen from several different posts on Reddit and a few other places. It's a really elaborate scam that involves lobbies full of fake profiles, a fake moderator, and a fake Ayesee profile. The people who will do this usually use someone's name and profile picture from your friends list, so it would be a good idea to give nicknames to everyone in your friends list from now on just to be sure it doesn't happen to you.
one love Aug 5, 2014 @ 1:23pm 
CONGRULATION BRO, WKWK
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 4, 2014 @ 6:27pm