Misfit Aug 4, 2014 @ 1:47pm
Do you think this is cheating?
So I came across a product on Amazon.com that kind of annoys me. It's something that has been around for as long as competitive multiplayer shooters have existed but I've always considered it a form of cheating. Anyway, I posted a rhetorical question to the owners of the product in question ("Is it possible to use this and not cheat?") and naturally I got responses basically affirming that using that product is not cheating. Of course, you have to consider the opinions of people that own the device to be a bit biased. Who's going to say, "Yeah, I'm a cheater." right? Anyway, I created a Straw Poll to try and get an idea of what the majority of people who even care think. Please take a minute to vote for what you think.

Do you think using this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GV0LR64?ref_=pe_623860_70668520 …) is cheating? Please vote: http://strawpoll.me/2265249

Please share the poll with everyone you know! The more people participate the more accurate the poll will be.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Arkanun Aug 4, 2014 @ 1:50pm 
No, it's no cheating, it's just for noob players, like the entire COD player base.
Last edited by Arkanun; Aug 4, 2014 @ 1:50pm
Satoru Aug 4, 2014 @ 2:45pm 
You could just tape a dot to your TV. I mean what can you realistically do. note it doesnt really make your hipfire 'more accurate'.
Black Blade Aug 4, 2014 @ 3:24pm 
First the game it self has a less accurate when using hip fire and these is not going to help these
All these really dose is just stick on your screen.. like Satoru said you can just stick a red color paper or something will be almost the same

And to be honest after a short time playing you know abut were the middle of the screen is and how the gun shots, so were it hits is known to you
So these is more a gimmick i think then any thing else...

And to be honest i do not think it will help you after a short time you play.. any how

So i will not call it cheating just as much as getting a more comfortable mouse is not cheating in my point of view...
Each to what makes it more comfortable for him, like i can say if i had that on my screen will have been taking it off a few seconds later as it will just block my view more then any thing else
Last edited by Black Blade; Aug 4, 2014 @ 3:26pm
Gus the Crocodile Aug 4, 2014 @ 3:24pm 
Voted no. They're cheating if they don't play by the rules of the game, not just if they don't agree with your personal objections.

Unless you're playing in some kind of controlled, tournament conditions, you should accept going in that you don't have control over people's hardware. If that's a problem for you then I guess you could find a group of people to play privately with who share your views.
Lillith Aug 4, 2014 @ 8:24pm 
while it's not really fair, it's not something you can count as cheating either.
Shasow Aug 4, 2014 @ 9:42pm 
Oh, wow. Well that's something...

I guess it's not cheating, but it's complete BS and a waste of money.
Freyar Aug 4, 2014 @ 10:27pm 
I count it as cheating.. otherwise the game would present a giant red dot on at all times.
Mr. Gency Aug 4, 2014 @ 10:43pm 
The problem isn't really that it's cheating, it's that the damn thing costs $30. Like Satoru said, just tape a dot to your TV.
bns.199900 Aug 5, 2014 @ 12:33am 
Originally posted by Black Blade (card rain):
First the game it self has a less accurate when using hip fire and these is not going to help these
All these really dose is just stick on your screen.. like Satoru said you can just stick a red color paper or something will be almost the same

And to be honest after a short time playing you know abut were the middle of the screen is and how the gun shots, so were it hits is known to you
So these is more a gimmick i think then any thing else...

And to be honest i do not think it will help you after a short time you play.. any how

So i will not call it cheating just as much as getting a more comfortable mouse is not cheating in my point of view...
Each to what makes it more comfortable for him, like i can say if i had that on my screen will have been taking it off a few seconds later as it will just block my view more then any thing else

This goes against what many of the 50+ 4 star reviews (reviewers) stated. Let's just leave it at, you nor I would find it useful. Nor would we use it. In regards to the OP's question; I don't think it is cheating. More of an aid for the casual gamer. If they want to pay $25 for it and it helps. More power to them.
Satsujinki Aug 5, 2014 @ 2:54am 
No. So what made you think if you're cheat? But I would never doubt if you are being honest than cheating.
-V- Aug 5, 2014 @ 3:00am 
... I think it's... unfair. As a L4D2 player, the laser sight is something you find and it's a huge help (but only because it increases your accuracy in-game as well). Because it's not changing anything in the game, it's definitely a "grey" area. But... whatever helps you win, right??

Also, I bet that if you were going to play in a competition and tried to stick something in the middle of your screen, you'd be disqualified. But I wouldn't know because I've never done such a thing.
Last edited by -V-; Aug 5, 2014 @ 3:02am
bonfriggle Aug 5, 2014 @ 3:25am 
Depends on your definition of cheating. Broadly speaking, it is a form of cheating, but what can you do about it?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2014 @ 1:47pm