FrozenConqueror Apr 21 @ 7:46pm
Paid Games
Other Steam games should not have prices on them because what about the other gamers wwho wants to play the game but can't buy it or he doesn't have a credit card we need to stop paying for games people should just add prices to the DLCs and other items but not the games.
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Yskar {Darkus} Apr 22 @ 6:49am 
This never will make it, accept it and get a prepaid credit card or a steam prepaid gift card.
Here in Brazil we can buy games using printed payment billing (boleto bancário), so we buy the stuff in steam store, print the recipt and pay in a bank, so minors and ppl who haven't a credit card can buy games.

Even in Russia Steam games aren't free and never will.
FrozenConqueror Apr 22 @ 7:09am 
maybe we can make something happen like keep asking them cause Steam would be more fun cause i really like steam but i can't buy the games cause i don't have credit card i am just 12 years old
Wheyrlen May 2 @ 3:33pm 
Originally posted by FrozenConqueror:
maybe we can make something happen like keep asking them cause Steam would be more fun cause i really like steam but i can't buy the games cause i don't have credit card i am just 12 years old
prepaid cards :|
FrozenConqueror May 3 @ 5:26am 
yeah we should do something about it but how?
FrozenConqueror May 3 @ 5:27am 
i don't have prepaid cards
Wheyrlen May 4 @ 8:19am 
i don't have prepaid cards
Purchase Pre-Paid Cards.
FrozenConqueror May 4 @ 7:37pm 
how much? and where?
CombustaLemon_ May 10 @ 7:39pm 
Just... look it up.
I don't understand. How in any way does it benefit developers and Valve to make all games free?
Last edited by CombustaLemon_; May 10 @ 7:39pm
Sacri F'Shall May 13 @ 8:29pm 
He is 12... He likely doesn't understand the concept of work/value and proper barter. He just knows what he wants, and that he can't easily get it. Therefore any way to make it easier for him to get it is a wonderful thing for all involved. At least he is getting that there needs to be some revenue source (DLC, mods, skins paid for, etc). Basically what he is stepping to is "Free-to-Play" games. TF2 (Team Fortress 2) is F2P, as is DOTA2. Tons of other games are as well.

If you can't afford to buy the games, then you can't. Look at what you can do. Scrounge your money and buy a "Pre-Paid" card and load money onto it at the store (trading your physical cash for credit card balance). Or you can just accept it and play F2P games until you are old enough for a real job and can legally take on a credit-enabled account.

As a secondary, he could play popular F2P games, trade items for keys, trade keys for games. Or trade items for games directly. Also, he could go beg (PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS) on some forums dedicated to such things.
Wheyrlen May 21 @ 4:52pm 
how much? and where?
20 dollar gift card for 20 dollars and a small tax at walmart and or target.
Wheyrlen May 21 @ 4:54pm 
Originally posted by Sacri F'Shall:
He is 12... He likely doesn't understand the concept of work/value and proper barter. He just knows what he wants, and that he can't easily get it. Therefore any way to make it easier for him to get it is a wonderful thing for all involved. At least he is getting that there needs to be some revenue source (DLC, mods, skins paid for, etc). Basically what he is stepping to is "Free-to-Play" games. TF2 (Team Fortress 2) is F2P, as is DOTA2. Tons of other games are as well.

If you can't afford to buy the games, then you can't. Look at what you can do. Scrounge your money and buy a "Pre-Paid" card and load money onto it at the store (trading your physical cash for credit card balance). Or you can just accept it and play F2P games until you are old enough for a real job and can legally take on a credit-enabled account.

As a secondary, he could play popular F2P games, trade items for keys, trade keys for games. Or trade items for games directly. Also, he could go beg (PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS) on some forums dedicated to such things.
That and if he is 12 beg his parents and or get a debit card and have his or her parents fund the card for doing chores in a sense it's just like work but with worse bosses.
Last edited by Wheyrlen; May 21 @ 4:54pm
xXTescoValueNoscopesXx May 28 @ 11:33am 
this just makes me laugh, in your dreams kid.
Catopus - May 30 @ 6:20am 
Worst ♥♥♥♥ing idea ever f2p's are horrible and only exist to act like they are cheap but in reality end up sqeazy hundreds of dollars out of your wallet
Jun 18 @ 8:06am 
Originally posted by Sacri F'Shall:

Or do what I do, buy them in bundles using my personal debit card, thus saving a LOT of money
Wheyrlen Jul 16 @ 6:51am 
Originally posted by MILK MAN SAVIOR OF MVM:
Worst ♥♥♥♥ing idea ever f2p's are horrible and only exist to act like they are cheap but in reality end up sqeazy hundreds of dollars out of your wallet
Not all F2P games like TF2 your not forced to buy jack but you can if you want. Plus it's only taken maybe $10 by now.
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 21 @ 7:46pm