Cass ♥ Jul 31 @ 6:15am
Call of Duty is tagged as a kids game?
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Kids/

Call of Duty top seller kids game. xD
Last edited by Cass ♥; Jul 31 @ 6:16am
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Ericrct Jul 31 @ 9:21am 
Steam taggers are trolls. But in a weird way they are right since that seems to be the majority of the fanbase.
♫TGC> The Grim Creeper Jul 31 @ 9:28am 
lol
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/call-of-duty-black-ops/user-reviews/adult

People would rate it as a good game for 10 year olds...
Cass ♥ Jul 31 @ 9:43am 
xD
guardian_titan Jul 31 @ 11:21am 
Those who rate it for children either don't have children themselves or are terrible parents. This is also a case of parents needing to look at the games themselves to see if it's proper for their children. Some are more mature than others so can likely handle more mature games, but they're certainly not for everyone.

Then there's those who complain games are too easy and children can play them. The violence, language, and sexuality exhibited in the game are often ignored. That's like some people think that just because something's a cartoon means it's for kids. Just because something's a game (or a cartoon) doesn't mean it's meant for children.

But yeah, tags are often used by trolls. Nothing you can do about it without reporting it to Steam. If they remove the tag, it will just pop back up again unless they figure out how to blacklist tags on certain games. People will still find a way around it, though. It's rather sad what people will do to screw over a fellow human being. Treat others as you would like to be treated seems to be a foreign idea to these people.
Random Reference #49 Jul 31 @ 12:17pm 
Lol, glad to see tag trolling is still a thing.
crunchyfrog Jul 31 @ 12:39pm 
Originally posted by guardian_titan:
Those who rate it for children either don't have children themselves or are terrible parents. This is also a case of parents needing to look at the games themselves to see if it's proper for their children. Some are more mature than others so can likely handle more mature games, but they're certainly not for everyone.

Then there's those who complain games are too easy and children can play them. The violence, language, and sexuality exhibited in the game are often ignored. That's like some people think that just because something's a cartoon means it's for kids. Just because something's a game (or a cartoon) doesn't mean it's meant for children.

But yeah, tags are often used by trolls. Nothing you can do about it without reporting it to Steam. If they remove the tag, it will just pop back up again unless they figure out how to blacklist tags on certain games. People will still find a way around it, though. It's rather sad what people will do to screw over a fellow human being. Treat others as you would like to be treated seems to be a foreign idea to these people.

Yes and no.

Sure, some are bad or negligent parents. But childhood is a wide brush - you could be a 6-year old or a 17-year old and still be a child.

So, each to their own. For my example, my youngest daughter wanted to play with her friends when Call of Duty 4 came out. I erred on the side of caution and refused. However, by about the time she was 13 and the next one had come out, I let her lay and monitored her. She was mature with it, so I left her to it.

It's very easy to make sweeping assumptions.
Brandawg McChizzle Jul 31 @ 3:47pm 
The new cod used to be tagged as a JRPG, is it still?

edit: Just checked, still a jrpg xD
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_237_237__12&term=jrpg
Last edited by Brandawg McChizzle; Jul 31 @ 3:50pm
*****RE2014***** Jul 31 @ 4:01pm 
haters gonna hate :)
Random Reference #49 Jul 31 @ 7:07pm 
Originally posted by Brandawg McChizzle:
The new cod used to be tagged as a JRPG, is it still?

edit: Just checked, still a jrpg xD
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_237_237__12&term=jrpg
Lol, the kids tag makes sense but JRPG? O_o
Must be allot of grinding for levels in that one I guess.
Nele Aug 1 @ 1:39am 
*tags it as flaming simulator"
The Defiler Aug 1 @ 9:28pm 
This is a case of taggers being sarcastic since so many damn kiddies play CoD.

Is the squeaker population that dense on PC since most of the kids play on console?
Satsujinki Aug 1 @ 10:20pm 
Sounds like some idiots may tag with this. Is it because they are idiot as 5 year crappy?!? Oh well...I don't hate COD series and BF 3 series because some people were born from internet and they became idiot. That's end of the story. :P
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 31 @ 6:15am