Baja 2014년 7월 31일 오전 2시 47분
Any recommondations for games on a laptop?
I have a laptop which runs games like Gmod quite well, so just looking for any suggestions for any games that would run well on my laptop (Preferably Free). Thanks!
< >
21개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
Black Blade 2014년 7월 31일 오전 2시 57분 
It really depends on the spcs of your laptop.. you can have a really strong laptop or a less strong one..
I have a laptop that can run every game with np, and even on high.. so i think you better post your spcs
D Terminator 2014년 7월 31일 오전 4시 39분 
Team Foretress 2
Sticky Fingers 2014년 7월 31일 오전 5시 15분 
From Bundle Stars: To celebrate the developer's birthday, Indietopia have given us 10 Steam keys for their latest game, the addictive arcade shooter Pulstar, to give away on Facebook. If you want to be in with a chance of winning, enter on the giveaways tab: http://on.fb.me/1rF8BEp
pikeX-SK ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 2014년 7월 31일 오전 5시 16분 
Counter Strike 1,6
Sticky Fingers 2014년 7월 31일 오전 5시 18분 
And also from Bundle Stars:

24 HOURS TO GO! 10 Steam keys in Vendetta Bundle, including Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Alien Rage: Unlimited and Disciples III: Reincarnation, for just $4.99: http://bstars.co/Vendetta Get in quick - we may sell out before the bundle ends!

My guess is most of the 10 games will run on a mediocre laptop...
Dab the Gay Away 2014년 7월 31일 오전 10시 21분 
Sorry guys, I'm a limited user so I'm trying to find a post that's the most similar to my question :P Any chance you guys could help me out with this question or point me to the right forum?

If I can run Sims 3 well despite not meeting min. requirements, do you think I could run Fallout3? I'm using a bad laptop for gaming at the moment, and I really want to play Fallout 3, but I'm not sure if I can even run it on lowest settings. Can anyone tell me whether or not I should try it? I'd like a second opinion on whether or not to buy it because money is tight and I don't want to waste it on a game I can't play.

PS: I'm very uninformed when it comes to PCs and hardware.
crunchyfrog 2014년 7월 31일 오후 12시 41분 
Impossible to say without your system specs - how long's a piece of string?

If you don't know how to find your specs, get back to us.
KEV1N 2014년 7월 31일 오후 3시 08분 
Minesweeper.

Solitaire.
𝔠𝔬𝔟𝔞𝔦𝔫. 2014년 8월 1일 오전 2시 07분 
You can always play DotA 2... Hasn't got that high reqs.
sara_bear 2014년 8월 1일 오전 8시 13분 
GodShawk님이 먼저 게시:
Sorry guys, I'm a limited user so I'm trying to find a post that's the most similar to my question :P Any chance you guys could help me out with this question or point me to the right forum?

If I can run Sims 3 well despite not meeting min. requirements, do you think I could run Fallout3? I'm using a bad laptop for gaming at the moment, and I really want to play Fallout 3, but I'm not sure if I can even run it on lowest settings. Can anyone tell me whether or not I should try it? I'd like a second opinion on whether or not to buy it because money is tight and I don't want to waste it on a game I can't play.

PS: I'm very uninformed when it comes to PCs and hardware.

Sims is more about hard drive space. Fallout 3 is more based on your graphics card capabilities. Do you know what card is in your laptop?

HLCinSC 2014년 8월 1일 오후 1시 16분 
What are your specs? you can try using sites like canIrunIt.com or notebookcheck.net. (can I run it is a little overkill from my experience as it says that i can't run some games that i have no problem with.
Quint the Alligator Snapper 2014년 8월 1일 오후 1시 38분 
Note that sites like those are often missing a lot of less-famous and indie games.

That said, indie games tend to require lower specs, as well. (Not always, though.)

Figure out what sort of graphics card you have. If you have an integrated graphics card, you probably can't run anything that has a graphics card with a name. Like, if a game talks about requiring an Nvidia [model number] card. However, you can find out for sure by checking a place ilke videocardbenchmark.net . Sometimes, though, you'll find they're naming really old or low-end cards, which might turn out to be even lower than what you have.

For example, here's the page for the Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4000: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4000

As for a good recommendation for a 3D game that you can run, and play for free, go for Team Fortress 2 -- unless you have a strange setup, you should probably be able to run it at least half-decently.

Checking release dates can also help. In general, even if a game is 3D, if it was released a few years ago, you might be able to run it. You can also generally get a guess based on whether a game is 3D and how "pretty" the game looks -- though this isn't always the case, since there are some games that are poorly coded/optimized, such as Hydrophobia: Prophecy and Sunrider: First Arrival, whose spec requirements seem to be far higher than what you'd expect based on how they look.
Quint the Alligator Snapper 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 8월 1일 오후 1시 44분
Baja 2014년 8월 1일 오후 3시 00분 
Sorry guys these are my specs

Processor AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Video Card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G
Memory 5.6 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
sara_bear 2014년 8월 1일 오후 7시 15분 
Beefy 5 Layer님이 먼저 게시:
Sorry guys these are my specs

Processor AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Video Card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G
Memory 5.6 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Ok ran you graphics card specs. It shouldn't be a problem for running Fallout 3. Thing is though you need 7 GB hard drive space for it. Is 5.6 you max or just what you have empty currently?
Quint the Alligator Snapper 2014년 8월 2일 오전 2시 41분 
He probably means RAM, not HD space, though RAM usually doesn't come in increments that would total such an unusual number...
< >
21개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2014년 7월 31일 오전 2시 47분
게시글: 21