Question about account bans.
So, my main account got stolen, and the person who did it is now using the account to try and scam all of the people in my friends list. I just wanted to know if reporting the profile for impersonating another user/hijacking/phishing, etc. would prevent them from being able to do anything using my account, and whether or not I would be able to use the account again once I recover it. Sorry if this is not the right place for this, but I have no idea where to put it.
< >
Показані коментарі 14 із 4
The only ban you need to worry about is if the hijacker gets you a vac ban. From what I have seen, Support will take care of any trade and other related bans should they happen while under the hijacker's control.

Have you secured your computer and sent in a proper Steam Support Ticket?
Цитата допису Kaizoku Meezus:
Bump.
Don't bump. It can lead to your thread being locked or deleted and if done repeatedly a forum ban.
Yes, I have done all of that. I just want to know if having the profile reported will have any negative repercussions if and when my account is recovered. This person has already scammed several of the people on my friends list using the profile they stole from me.
Цитата допису Kaizoku Meezus:
Yes, I have done all of that. I just want to know if having the profile reported will have any negative repercussions if and when my account is recovered. This person has already scammed several of the people on my friends list using the profile they stole from me.
It's a common tactic for them to use your friends list as it saves them the effort of making another account and convincing players to click a link.
< >
Показані коментарі 14 із 4
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 29 лип. 2014 о 17:25
Дописів: 4