PF22 Feb 15, 2018 @ 9:08am
Cheating ?
People openly admit to cheating in chat, then dare you to report them, you do and nothing happens. Why even have a way of reporting if nothing is going to be done ?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
XXX Feb 15, 2018 @ 9:11am 
admit cheating in chat does not mean its true.

if its true, its no proof. report them ingame.

reports via profile is just for statistic.
Phantom Feb 15, 2018 @ 11:22am 
Originally posted by PF22:
People openly admit to cheating in chat, then dare you to report them, you do and nothing happens. Why even have a way of reporting if nothing is going to be done ?
It is not sufficient proof nor does it count as anything.
storm Feb 15, 2018 @ 2:10pm 
yes I agree that players do cheat and even some admins but they own their sites although it still shows vac secure.You report them nothing is done or when ingame you tell them they are cheating they laugh.Its a no win situation,but I am from New Zealand and the low ping servers are Australia's and they cheat a lot.We don't have to many servers in our country to join so you got to put up with their unskilled players
Chompman Feb 15, 2018 @ 7:23pm 
Originally posted by RAIN:
yes I agree that players do cheat and even some admins but they own their sites although it still shows vac secure.You report them nothing is done or when ingame you tell them they are cheating they laugh.Its a no win situation,but I am from New Zealand and the low ping servers are Australia's and they cheat a lot.We don't have to many servers in our country to join so you got to put up with their unskilled players
Read this:

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/882959527688934488/

How do I report a cheater?

As VAC is an automated system, user submitted bans are not accepted. As VAC uses a delayed ban system, the chances are that the cheater you encountered in-game has been flagged by VAC and will be banned in the near future. If you believe a player is cheating in a server the recommendation is that you contact the administration team for that specific server in order to report the possible cheater. This will allow the administration team for the server investigate the possible cheater in more depth and take whatever action they feel is appropriate.

You can also report a suspected cheater by following the information found in this FAQ

If it was based on reporting it would be abused.
Zetikla Feb 16, 2018 @ 1:51am 
Originally posted by RAIN:

why do you think nothing is done?

If they cheat, chances are VAC will pick on them sooner or later
Léon Scarlet Feb 16, 2018 @ 2:31am 
But that fun when you have skill and people call you cheater :( (because they are too salty)
Yes im a smurf, and because im not allowed to play whit them due to the grade difference

People dont undertand the difference betwren skill and cheat, when someone is better its 60% he cheating or i laging

No people are just bad and salty.
Last edited by Léon Scarlet; Feb 16, 2018 @ 2:34am
Kurdayetî Feb 22, 2018 @ 7:01am 
Reports do something but not as fast as some would like. Report the user if you think that he/she is cheating and move on. Admitting to cheating doesn't necessarily mean that they are cheating, you should only report the user if you really think that he/she is cheating.

Go to the profile of the suspected cheater
Click the 'More' drop-down located at the top right of the page
Choose 'Report Violation'
Select the violation (example, 'Suspected Cheater') and hit 'Submit Report'

If a user you've reported for cheating has had action taken on their account, you'll be notified with a message in Steam. Please note that VAC does not ban based on reports.

For more information, read here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1010-TOKN-8461
Last edited by Kurdayetî; Feb 22, 2018 @ 7:17am
76561198407601200 Feb 22, 2018 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by PF22:
I get accused of cheating in left 4 dead 2. I encourage them to submit a report on my profile. Nothing can be done if I'm not cheating ;)
多多爸爸 Feb 22, 2018 @ 8:21pm 
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 15, 2018 @ 9:08am