About Steam's Deleted Games.
Last month Steam deleted around +300 games. The games still stays on library but it effected the game count on profile. Even if the game deleted from Steam Store it should not effecting the game count on profile. Some of us paid money for boost game count on profile... Please do something about this.
Last edited by 「BlackShadow」; Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:11pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Serell Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:17pm 
Don't pay money to boost your game count
Satoru Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:29pm 
You paid money for a game

That has nothing to do with your e-peen for game counts

Maybe think more about the quality rather than the quantity of things ifyou have to measure your e-peen with something
「BlackShadow」 Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:30pm 
@Serell Why not? It's like %80 of the Steam Users does that.

@Satoru you got 2,3K games on your Steam, so you basically did the same thing.
XBL Laberbacke Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:36pm 
Originally posted by BlackShadow:
Nope. More like 80% have only Dota or CSGO.
Perrywinkle Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:37pm 
the games are designed to be played, never buy a game for inflate useless numbers, if you have spare money to trash spend in better things.
▲ Ara ▽ Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:38pm 
The removed games no longer exist in Steam database so they don't add to the game count. As a matter of fact, when you play those removed games, and then look on your profile, you will see an empty slot. If you play 3 of them, all your recent game activity will not be shown on your profile. I know this because I tried.

The fact that we can even install and play those games even after this, is already good enough. Not that those removed games are actually fun to play anyway. To me at least.

:rad_rune:
XBL Laberbacke Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:52pm 
Nobody plays these, that's the point.
「BlackShadow」 Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:55pm 
Buying cheap games for boosting game count isn't a new thing. You people is new on Steam i guess.
Matt Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:55pm 
They've adjusted the algorithm that counts games a few times; not entirely sure why but they probably have their reasons. Game count is only impressive for those who have 5000 or 6000 games. Plus, it's not like there's a requirement that they have to display game count. Profiles used to show inventory item count yet that got removed all together.
Last edited by Matt; Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:56pm
XBL Laberbacke Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:58pm 
Originally posted by Matt:
Profiles used to show inventory item count yet that got removed all together.
My guess is that this was a giant bulls eye for phishers and other criminals.

Buying cheap games for boosting game count isn't a new thing. You people is new on Steam i guess.
Not very. I just don't see the point. I'm here to PLAY games, not stockpile them.
Satoru Oct 20, 2017 @ 10:00pm 

@Satoru you got 2,3K games on your Steam, so you basically did the same thing.

No because I don't care how many games are on my account. I also dont register nonsense games and then go "look at how many games I have!". The fact that I have many games, does not mean I care about the number of games I have.

And that's just how you want to measure your e-peen. Which isn't steams problem to solve because you feel 'inadequate' with your e-peen just because you need more games.
Last edited by Satoru; Oct 20, 2017 @ 10:01pm
Matt Oct 20, 2017 @ 10:00pm 
Doubt it has to do with phishers. The item counts still appear on a per game basis when clicking on the inventory link. Just doesn't display on people's profile anymore.
Satoru Oct 20, 2017 @ 10:01pm 
Originally posted by Matt:
Doubt it has to do with phishers. The item counts still appear on a per game basis when clicking on the inventory link. Just doesn't display on people's profile anymore.

Could be tangentially related since scraping for sub-game inventory counts is more difficult
Matt Oct 20, 2017 @ 10:05pm 
The point I was making is that counts and what's displayed on profiles has changed and will continue to change.
「BlackShadow」 Oct 20, 2017 @ 10:19pm 
I'm not here to people criticize why i buy games for game count on profile. I paid for these games, and im not issued any refund about these games. And it's my right to want my game count back.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 20, 2017 @ 9:10pm