douglasmatthewstewart Apr 17 @ 11:44am
Needed?? Duplicate Visual C++ Programs on my PC
When I first started installing games (and it still happens sometimes) my computer installs Microsoft Visual C++. When I look in my Control Panel/Add Remove I notice that now I have:

Visual C++ 2008

" " 2010

" " 2012

etc...

Do I need all of them?

Also, I have two of each year and the file has the exact same date as its duplicate as if two copies were installed at the same date and time. Is this normal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-D
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
~Ren~ Apr 18 @ 1:03am 
They're used by your installed programs and the duplicates are 32 and 64 bit variations.
R][H-XVI Apr 18 @ 4:18am 
It's a nomal procedure with Steam games
douglasmatthewstewart Apr 19 @ 9:22am 
ok, thanks! So I dont have to worry about it or remove any of them? From the two responses it seems that I dont have to worry about this at all. I really appreciate the help. Im a Linux user who only recently started using Windows again.
~Ren~ Apr 19 @ 10:11am 
No, they are only small programs anyway so don't take up much room on your hard drive.
HLCinSC Apr 19 @ 12:15pm 
Very rarely they can cause complications, but it is advised to let them be unless you are experiencing some issue that leads you to believe that one of them is the cause. If you do attempt to tackle them make sure you have windows system restore granted to have plenty of space and automatically create a backup prior to installation or removal of any program like that in case you remove multiples or cant find the correct install file for one you may need to put back..
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 17 @ 11:44am