how long does this usually take? and is there anythin g i can do to speed it up?
can anyone tell me if this is normal? im so noob im in nicu.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Seretti Jul 4, 2015 @ 8:59am 
Speed what up?
nugglebunny81 Jul 4, 2015 @ 9:00am 
what i mean is i started downloading GTAV at midnight last night and now at 9a.m. it's at 45%. is this normal?
Mattio Jul 4, 2015 @ 9:00am 
What is "this"?
It'd be nice if you gave some context as to what you're on about.

edit: Posted same time you replied >.<
GTAV is a big game it'll take whatever time it needs to download, with a slow connection it'll take some time.
Last edited by Mattio; Jul 4, 2015 @ 9:01am
Seretti Jul 4, 2015 @ 9:01am 
Originally posted by nugglebunny81:
what i mean is i started downloading GTAV at midnight last night and now at 9a.m. it's at 45%. is this normal?

Get a faster internet connection if it bothers you.
nugglebunny81 Jul 4, 2015 @ 9:02am 
did i do something wrong or is this much time normal?
Seretti Jul 4, 2015 @ 9:02am 
did i do something wrong or is this much time normal?

How are we supposed to know when we have no clue what kind of internet connection you have?
nugglebunny81 Jul 4, 2015 @ 9:03am 
ohhhhhhhhhhh :/ alright well i guess ill just call my net provider and see if there's a slowdown or something. thanks guys
Icedwhisper Jul 4, 2015 @ 10:07am 
ohhhhhhhhhhh :/ alright well i guess ill just call my net provider and see if there's a slowdown or something. thanks guys
or maybe it's just the fact that GTA V is +60GB..
Marble Jul 4, 2015 @ 10:58am 
45% in 9 hours is very slow, that'd be roughly 1mbps. I suggest you check what your broadband speed is supposed to be with your provider. Unless you're way out in the sticks or are sharing the connection with a lot of people, it should be a lot higher than that.

You can check the download speed on Steam by going to Library > Downloads while the game is downloading.

Other useful thing to check, speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/
Icedwhisper Jul 4, 2015 @ 11:02am 
Originally posted by Canti:
45% in 9 hours is very slow, that'd be roughly 1mbps. I suggest you check what your broadband speed is supposed to be with your provider. Unless you're way out in the sticks or are sharing the connection with a lot of people, it should be a lot higher than that.

You can check the download speed on Steam by going to Library > Downloads while the game is downloading.

Other useful thing to check, speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/
If you think 1MBPS is slow, What would you say to my 150KBPS speed?

P.S: 1Mbps ≠ 1MBPS
Marble Jul 4, 2015 @ 11:09am 
Was just going by the average of their location, which is 32Mbps in Louisiana, so yes it is relatively slow. Like I say, unless they're living out in the countryside.
nugglebunny81 Jul 4, 2015 @ 11:19am 
i found a way to switch which region you can choose to download from and ive been able to quicken it. you go to settings, then downloads, then switch download region. some are faster than others.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 4, 2015 @ 8:58am