ZSloth11 Nov 22, 2012 @ 8:32pm
Borderlands 2 Mac Controller
Okay, so I got BL2 (not on steam, but I thought maybe some of you could help me) and my wireless receiver for the 360 controller isn't working. It's a PC receiver, but I used the tattieboggle driver to allow it to work for Mac. It worked perfectly for Borderlands 1 on Mac. Borderlands 2 doesn't even register that I have a controller. Also, if anyone feels really strongly about the superiority of keyboard/mouse gameplay, that's perfectly fine and I respect your opinion, I simply prefer to use a controller.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Janichsan Nov 23, 2012 @ 1:02am 
Disable or deinstall the driver. It conflicts with the built-in controller support.
ZSloth11 Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:54am 
Thanks for the reply. I unistalled, but the game still won't recognize my wireless 360 controller. The lights just blink.
dcy665 Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:13pm 
Just to be redundant would you check that Borderlands still functions with it? I suspect it does but it would be good to know if you have to contact somebody's support site.
ZSloth11 Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:28pm 
I reinstalled and it works perfectly.
Einzeller89 Nov 26, 2012 @ 3:12am 
I'm having the same problem with the wireless xbox 360 controller.
But I can't follow you, what did you reinstall? The tattieboggle driver or the whole game?
I would really appreciate to get the controller work without using a program for emulating keyboard and mouse.
Miharin Nov 26, 2012 @ 5:24am 
From what I've read from Aspyr, their latest titles support the wired Xbox 360 controller natively (they specifically mention wired), that is without any drivers. If you do have the 3rd party drivers installed you have to disable them like previously mentioned. However if it works with the wireless controller and the receiver for you, that is good news.
Einzeller89 Nov 26, 2012 @ 7:29am 
Yes, I also read that Aspyr only supports the 360 wired controller. So I was wondering how "ZSloth11" managed do get the 360 controller with a wireless receiver working in the game..
A deinstallation of the tattiebogle driver was of no use.
moviesdirector Nov 26, 2012 @ 10:14am 
I'm having the same problem except with an xbox 360 wired controller. I've uninstalled the driver and tried reinstalling the game. it still doesn't recognize that my controller is plugged in.
ZSloth11 Nov 29, 2012 @ 1:59pm 
No, it works with the first Borderlands, not the 2nd. I've just been using keyboard/mouse. Wired 360 controllers are still a bit too expensive for me.
PaulKemp Dec 5, 2012 @ 11:33am 
I have a wired one, and it does not work. But it works in big picture mode.
Kyahx Dec 20, 2012 @ 8:28am 
It seems like they are ONLY supporting the wired 360 controller via their own baked in implementation. They don't support the tattieboggle driver or other HID controllers (which means no PS3 controller, Logitech controllers, Wiimotes, etc). Disappointing -- gamepad input on the Mac really needs a standard framework that everyone can use :(
0dius Dec 25, 2012 @ 11:47pm 
Well that rules out me using my Gamestop Controller. Extremely frustrating I just want to sit on my couch and play with a controller. Anyone hear about a work around at all? I couldn't get gamepad complanion to work for some reason, I was thinking that maybe Tattie's drivers override Gamepads? Has anyone tried using Companion?
forstle Dec 26, 2012 @ 5:09pm 
Disappointing. I bought a Razer Onza TE today and it isn't recognized in BL2. I deleted TB drivers and also reinstalled BL2, rebooted and still nothing.
0dius Dec 26, 2012 @ 7:56pm 
The official faq says that only wired xbox 360 pads are supported, what that really means I'm not sure if it has to be only the official, if it supports both the black and white wired pads I'm not sure.
Drizzt Do'Urden Mar 20, 2013 @ 7:26pm 
I have a wired controller, but it doesn't work any idea how to make it work?
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2012 @ 8:32pm