seb200289 Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:41pm
mac borderlands 2 xbox 360 controller not working
hi how can i get this working? have the correct driver installed and it works fine on left 4 dead 2
Showing 1-15 of 67 comments
< >
Janichsan Nov 21, 2012 @ 1:12pm 
Deinstall/disable the driver. The driver conflicts with the built-in support for the controller.
douglasskern Nov 21, 2012 @ 8:02pm 
I do not have any 360 driver and I still can not access the controller. Borderlands 2 does not even recognize it.
PaulKemp Nov 25, 2012 @ 6:06am 
Same issue. Disabled the installed xbox 360 controller driver / application in system prefs. The controller works fine in big picture mode, but is not recognised ingame.
onzyone Dec 4, 2012 @ 6:31pm 
I have the same issue. Uninstalled from system pref and removed the following folder /Library/StartupItems/360ControlDaemon/ + rebooted
Last edited by onzyone; Dec 4, 2012 @ 6:31pm
Creamy_Man_Salad Dec 4, 2012 @ 10:34pm 
Yeah, same here. I'm using a PS3 Wwreless controller and it woks fine navigating around in big picture mode, and even for castle crashers, but it just doesnt work at all for Borderlands 2
PaulKemp Dec 5, 2012 @ 11:25am 
I've tried contacting @Aspyr_Support on twitter, but no response yet. You guys do the same. support.aspyr.com as well works.
PaulKemp Dec 6, 2012 @ 11:36am 
Hello,

I got this from Aspy Support, have not tried it yet since Im not in OS X.
-------------
Third party drivers are not supported for this game and will cause conflicts with the game and Microsoft's default drivers. Unplug your controller and delete the following:

HD/Startup Items/360 Control Daemon
HD/System/Library/Extensions/360Controller.kext

Restart your computer. Plug your controller back in and relaunch the game.
Last edited by henryg; Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:13am
onzyone Dec 7, 2012 @ 3:48pm 
GRRRR!!! I would love to repot back on this but now I am getting "failed to load steamui.dylib"
PaulKemp Dec 7, 2012 @ 10:42pm 
Originally posted by onzyone:
GRRRR!!! I would love to repot back on this but now I am getting "failed to load steamui.dylib"

I'm getting the exact same error. Not even able to start Steam after applying the "fix" provided by Aspyr.

I was able to salvage the files from the trash bin and I was actually able to start Steam again, but with no Borderlands 2 controller support of course
Last edited by PaulKemp; Dec 7, 2012 @ 10:55pm
Kelescope Dec 7, 2012 @ 11:40pm 
@PaulKemp, exact same story with me and my mac/bigpicture/xbox adventure. Also had to recover the Force Feedback file specifically for any others wondering. Also deleted multiple files pertaining to the controller recommended by another post around here, FYI, nothing seems to work, still awaiting answers... seems like steam needs to work on their end? I have not tested a game outside of steam with the third party drivers, nor before the big picture update.
onzyone Dec 8, 2012 @ 7:00am 
@PaulKemp just restored : HD/System/Library/Frameworks/Forcefeedback.framework from TM backup ... was able to launch steam ... low and behold ... xbox 360 wired controller now working in BL2 =)

So all I really deleted was:

And restarted my mac

I guess my other question is if M$ has a driver that BL2 ships with ... why can't i dl it natively for the osx?
Last edited by onzyone; Dec 8, 2012 @ 7:14am
Kelescope Dec 8, 2012 @ 11:37am 
@onzyone, Tried above after reinstalling drivers to ensure all other files were there, no longer even worked in big picture nor game :\ did I miss something?
onzyone Dec 8, 2012 @ 2:53pm 
@Kelescope

1/ remove the 360Controller driver (in my case just these two files)
2/ Unplug the controller
3/ Restart you computer
4/ Plug the controller back in and launch bl2

(looks like you are correct that after removing the driver the controller will not work in big screen mode ... but for me this is not a big deal as I would rather play bl2 with a controller =))
Kelescope Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:54am 
hm, still no, thanks though it seemed like I was getting somewhere. I can only play left for dead right now.
Kelescope Dec 11, 2012 @ 11:28pm 
hoped the recent update would fix something, but no, anyone have any more luck/suggestions?
Showing 1-15 of 67 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:41pm