Nox Aeternam Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:36am
An Issue and a Question
I've posed a similar post on the Windows forum (oops) and met a ton of acidic resistance, I'm seriously hoping the people here won't be complete jerks like they were there.

Anyway, my issue: I saw Mirror's Edge on sale and got really excited, buying it up immediately. Surprise! It's only available on Windows. Good thing I installed Wine! Or not. Win32, a 'sharing violation', seems to keep Steam from opening. I was just shown an article by a strangely non-venomous person on the Windows forum that says programs that run windows to run steam are not supported, so maybe this is a lost cause and I just need to find the charger for my old crappy netbook.

My question, now: I recently (reluctantly) bought Civ V: Brave New World (this was last week or so) for the rather steep price of $30- I'd have normally waited for a sale, but it and Vanilla were both included in the Summer Sale- so what were the odds of it going on sale again before some absurd period of time? None, right? At any rate, is there some way I can contact Valve and maybe ask for this $10 back that's been taken off for the sale? I feel kinda gypped, no one knew this sale was coming or I would have waited a week.

Thanks in advance!
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Chaz Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:44am 
By "a ton of acidic resistance" you mean that one guy who couldn't form a complete sentence in your other thread? Strange that you're trying to indict all Windows users on the basis of one person on the Internet.

Your question was answered in your other threads.
Shufflecake Holmes Oct 5, 2013 @ 1:14am 
To quote VALVe:

Steam Refund Policy

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client. Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
Steam Subscriber Agreement
Steam Subscriber Agreement[]
An exception is made for games purchased during a pre-order period if the request is received prior to the games' release date.
Kargor Oct 5, 2013 @ 4:05am 
Originally posted by Nox Aeternam:
Anyway, my issue: I saw Mirror's Edge on sale and got really excited, buying it up immediately. Surprise! It's only available on Windows.

Which is something the shop told you in advance. Since you seem to put every windows user into the same box, I'll do the same: it appears Mac users are generally too dumb to actually look at the shop page before buying...

Good thing I installed Wine! Or not. Win32, a 'sharing violation'

For that, you might want to check the WineApp database (or whatever the name is) -- it tries to provide information on software that runs, doesn't run, or can be made to run with Wine. With some luck, it knows about Mac Wine too.

Either way, playing Windows games on MacOS isn't a click and play type of thing like on Windows. Be prepared to do some research, hunt for the next great pre-beta release of Wine, do some obscure configuration etc. Or just get a real computer.

so maybe this is a lost cause and I just need to find the charger for my old crappy netbook.

That's not going to help you with games -- I seriously doubt you have a netbook that can handle games in any way that could be considered acceptable.
2385822109 Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:58am 
my god!
Nox Aeternam Oct 6, 2013 @ 8:56pm 
No kidding.. O.o
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:36am