Steam and IMac, problems?
I own a IMac and have never had a good experience with my games at steam, either they dont start or lock up. i am currently banging my head agains the wall with Warfare Airland Battle. Would really like some help... Or at least a starting point. I am about ready to give up on Steam. and gaming as whole on my IMac.......Steve
< >
17 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Hello,
which mac you have, how many RAM and grafikcard?
And which game want you to play? 1 or to games are not good experience or all?
sry my english
im from germany
i play with imac mid 2011, RAM, AMD Radeon 650m 512mb ram
mac pro 2010 8 core, 8 GB RAM, 2x HD 7550
all games work fine no probs
write back i hope i can help you
Greatz
Bogo and bff Sataniel
Thank you for your replay
27" IMac LATE 2009
3.06 GH INTEL CORE 2 DUO
4G MEM 1067 MH DDR3
ATI RADEON HD 4670 256 MB

WARFARE AIRLAND BATTLE

steve
your Mac goes to the limits because it is!
it does state that it can run. but will not progress pass the loading screen?
are you telling me that it won't run unless i upgrade my computer?

steve
you have already once to start tried again the play to make consciously it are so a thing with mac
You play with the minimum setting, the game setting set all the way down and check what all is there! good luck
i had this problem once and only once.
i own the late 2012 model (with the upgraded CPU & GPU) it was Bastion. i brought it during the summer sale and on Windows downloaded and installed fine. on the Mac side it would start like bounce in the dock then close.
i wrote on here about it and others had the same problem. i contacted the makers of the game and 2 emails sent. one saying they would fix it and another once it was done which was kind of cool. i guess my point is, if the game flat out doesn't work/if it's a Mac port then contact the makers of the game directly.
however.. Mac OS and games only seem to play nice with each other when you're using the latest and greatest. make sure you're running the latest OS. a simple update might fix all the problems you're having. i don't care if you like Lion or enjoy using Snow Leopard.
if you want games and apps to work you need to be running the latest software.
also command+Q everything before starting Steam. iTunes might not be too demanding but if you're using a Mac to play games it's best close any running apps before you start.
NOQUITTER,
your suggetion is the best anyone has attempted. thank you. Currently i am running the most upto date software OS and and CMD Q everything first and it still didnt proceed? :( great idea though... thanks...
I've found the startup videos often crash and adding -novid to the start preferences fixes every game that will not open on my mac
I use a super old MacBook Pro from 2008 (I use the integrated VRAM), and I can play TF2 at a decent framerate. Like 60 FPS or so. So I can't imagine Macs newer than mine having trouble.
good luck guys ;)
Get Imac Late 2013! Its specs...OMG!
I have Imac 27 Late 2012/Early 2013. It runs...beautifully!
İlk olarak SimDirk tarafından gönderildi:
I agree!

I normally play in battles-200fps
No fighting 300+fps
Once it went down to 60fps
< >
17 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 4 Eki 2013 @ 11:30
İleti: 17