Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam for Mac > Dettagli della discussione
DOTA 2 for OS X. And there are some bugs...
Hey forum,

Currently I am using a MacBook Pro Retina 15 Inch : Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
CPU : Intel Core i7 2,6 GHZ
Memory Ram 8 GB
Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Previously I used bootсamp to play DOTA, but after testing i decided download it on my mac. Unfortunately, I've got a lot of unfinished parts, and here are some of them:
1) First of all is slow motion gaming. It begins when during the game I get any notification or massage from Steam (friends is steam), open chat or something like that. And it will be finished only after restarting the game.
2) Of course, since there are problems with the game, I can not use Steam while playing.
3) The graphics in the game are much worse than it was when using bootcamp. I think that the problem is in non-support retina display (and the steam too).
4) I don't know why, but sometimes game crashes, and i must restart it again.

Steam. I also can not leave Steam on, because after waking up, my computer does not accept the password. And after restarting mac, Steam does not open. So i must reinstall it.

Valve please pay attention to it and fix it, because it's really hard to enjoy the game with that problems. Thank you.

if anyone noticed other problems also write comments.

Sorry for bad English.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-8 commenti su 8
ok. i have already post it there.
I have got pretty same problems. Join the club. And I'm also sick and tired of such number of crushes per game (5-8 times per usual game)...
Hey, I'm using Bootcamp for my 2010 Macbook Pro. Let me just say that I have always had to play with an electric fan nearby because once the mac's fans start getting real noisy, it sleeps. And I've yet to canvass for those cooling fans.

Did your mac overheat on bootcamp and Dota 2? If not, care to tell me how you did it?
Messaggio originale di adimich:
Hey forum,

Currently I am using a MacBook Pro Retina 15 Inch : Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
CPU : Intel Core i7 2,6 GHZ
Memory Ram 8 GB
Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Previously I used bootсamp to play DOTA, but after testing i decided download it on my mac. Unfortunately, I've got a lot of unfinished parts, and here are some of them:
1) First of all is slow motion gaming. It begins when during the game I get any notification or massage from Steam (friends is steam), open chat or something like that. And it will be finished only after restarting the game.
2) Of course, since there are problems with the game, I can not use Steam while playing.
3) The graphics in the game are much worse than it was when using bootcamp. I think that the problem is in non-support retina display (and the steam too).
4) I don't know why, but sometimes game crashes, and i must restart it again.

Steam. I also can not leave Steam on, because after waking up, my computer does not accept the password. And after restarting mac, Steam does not open. So i must reinstall it.

Valve please pay attention to it and fix it, because it's really hard to enjoy the game with that problems. Thank you.

if anyone noticed other problems also write comments.

Sorry for bad English.

Hey adimich,

I've also encountered the issues you've mentioned and unfortunately until an official fix is released all we can do is disable the Steam Community In-Game and ensure that your console isnt enabled.

Both of the above when on/activated had a serious impact on my performance initially as well however its 100x better now and I can run the game at max settings in OS X with no problems at all;

Check it out running on my system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYeMpHGxVIo
macbook pro 15
i have macbook air, and i have troubles with sounds...
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-8 commenti su 8
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam for Mac > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 13 ago 2013, ore 13:10