rhinestonebones Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:42am
Big Picture problem - games won't load/display correctly
Hi, I'm fairly new to steam so i'm sorry if this is a noob question.

I've bought a few mac games in the recent sale and went through the process of getting a ps3 controller to hook wirelessly up and work, then today my thunderbolt to HDMI cable came in the mail, and i've plugged it and and yes it works! - my cable works and the mac screen is mirrored onto my tv. Click big picture, ok so far, click on play game (GTA san andreas).... nothing, i can hear the music of the game, but the screen has changed resolutions and isn't displaying correctly on either the mac or the tv, it's not siplaying the game but it's displaying the steam app at the incorrect resolution for the display. Try another game, Braid - crash. Try another game, Macinarium, that one works ok.. but it's not a game for big picture/controller setup so the point is here that some games do work. So i'm thinking it's some sort of problem with the display size of the game and tv and/or the video card in my mac? I got an error msg from Braid that said "unable to setup graphics, failed to initialise OpenGL display, make sure you are running the newest version of video drivers..." a clue there maybe? I tried switching tvs, same problem. I tried loading the games without big picture, same problem. i'm running all this on macbook pro, w/ osx 10.7.5, 8gb ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB / AMD Radeon HD 6750M.

TLDR: running big picture on my tv through my mac with the thunderbolt to HDMI cable, games wont load/display correctly

thanks!
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:42am