BodySnatch604 Jul 20, 2013 @ 10:25am
refund???
accidently purchased a game that is not available in mac platform, how do you get a refund??
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
xMasterMadness Jul 20, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
I don't believe you can I would contact steam support if anything just gift the game to one of your friends
ÐarkѦssassin438™ Jul 20, 2013 @ 3:42pm 
I don't think you can do refunds on digital game downloads on steam
Captain No-Beard | APP Jul 20, 2013 @ 4:28pm 
Sadly enough, steam has a strict "no refunds" policy. Sorry.
Argentum Gurgeh Jul 20, 2013 @ 6:16pm 
yup
Coop Da Grace Jul 20, 2013 @ 6:30pm 
kek
Odd Flag Jul 20, 2013 @ 6:40pm 
How did you buy a game that's not available on your platform? When i try that, steam tells me that it's not available on my platform.
Schutzenegger Jul 20, 2013 @ 7:11pm 
I'd try and contact them, just for good measure.
Jethro Q.Walrustitty Jul 28, 2013 @ 7:21am 
contact support, I have personally managed to get a refund in exactly the same situation.
OhShizItsAsh Jul 28, 2013 @ 7:41am 
You can't. If you read the thing before you buy the game it say 'Purchese are final' So I doubt they will give you a refund if you come up with a damn good excuse. I did the same thing as you with Terraria luckily I had ParrelDesktop
Jethro Q.Walrustitty Jul 28, 2013 @ 7:55am 
Originally posted by RazorboyX:
You can't. If you read the thing before you buy the game it say 'Purchese are final' So I doubt they will give you a refund if you come up with a damn good excuse. I did the same thing as you with Terraria luckily I had ParrelDesktop

All I wrote in when I logged my steam support ticket was

'I purchased this game under the impression it would run on my system. I have not downloaded or attempted to install it. Can i get a refund'

They gave me the refund as store credit into my steam wallet. (However they did add this to the end of their reply)

'Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable - this store credit was issued as a one-time customer service gesture.'

I was lucky and Steam were pretty cool about it. Just shows that there is no harm in asking.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2013 @ 10:25am