Rogue Legacy eventual Mac support - buy license now?
Sorry, I tried searching a few different phrases, but this was sort of difficult to come up with a good query.

I'd like to take advantage of the Steam sale to pick up Rogue Legacy while it's discounted, but I only currently have a Mac setup. If I buy the game now, will the eventual Mac version be added to my account when it drops?

I know that buying games that currently have Mac versions works this way, but I wasn't certain about stuff that was expected to later add other OS support.

Thanks!
< >
Показані коментарі 18 із 8
I asked this question earlier and somebody told me it will work fine when it does come out later. I bought it now and it is sitting in my library, it won't let me install (for obvious reasons) but it seems like as soon as the mac version is released it will install just fine. I would pick it up now to save a few bucks. Hope this helped at all.
i accidently bought it:( and i have a mac...so....yeah
A pretty poor financial move by buying a product that may or may not have a MAC port in the future.
It will work fine when the mac version is released later (that is if there are no bugs) but I would recommend to wait, since you don't know when the mac version is comming out, so you might be able to get a better deal (winter / halloween sales and such)
Цитата допису The Rolling Ham Cheese:
A pretty poor financial move by buying a product that may or may not have a MAC port in the future.
Well, the developers are currently working on the mac/linux ports (as announced on their website) so I'm not too worried, especially after the game was a success on the PC. It would take something rather serious to happen for them to stop all further work on the ports. I also would recommend waiting longer to purchase because the price has already gone down since I purchased it during the summer sale, luckily for me I had an old PC to play on.
Цитата допису protoplasm333:
Цитата допису The Rolling Ham Cheese:
Well, the developers are currently working on the mac/linux ports (as announced on their website) so I'm not too worried, especially after the game was a success on the PC. It would take something rather serious to happen for them to stop all further work on the ports. I also would recommend waiting longer to purchase because the price has already gone down since I purchased it during the summer sale, luckily for me I had an old PC to play on.

RunicGames were also expected to have a mac port of their acclaimed Torchlight 2, look how that turn out. Besides I'm sure Rogue Legacy will be much cheaper by the time the port comes out. 40% is not even close the cheapest it can get.

Again buying stuff based on promises and potential is not wise, but hey your money to lose.
Автор останньої редакції: Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 17 верес. 2013 о 17:36
Torchlight II's mac port is still being worked on though (albeit problematic) they haven't given up yet. And yes, I agree buying something based on promises isn't wise. In my situation it wasn't really a problem cause I have a PC to play on, plus you could always just buy from Cellar Door directly and play on your Mac with a little know how or google searches to help you wineskin the game and get the steam key later but you may not get the discount. For me, the game was worth the $11 dollars I payed at the summer sale and brought me multiple hours of entertainment. Now that I'm done with the game however, replayability is pretty much obsolete.
Автор останньої редакції: protoplasm333; 17 верес. 2013 о 17:49
i wish i did this... the only reason i didnt pick it up was because i feared it wouldnt work when the mac version came out... which is hope is soon - i want to play.
< >
Показані коментарі 18 із 8
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 16 лип. 2013 о 8:56
Дописів: 8