AviNim Jul 15, 2013 @ 12:33pm
Civ V Crashing
Ever since the patch that was released in anticipation of BNW (early July 2013), every time I play CIv V (I do not own BNW, but do have GOTY edition and G&K), the game crashes, and I have to restart my Mac. I have never had a problem with crashing prior to the new patch. I am hesitant to play the game anymore, due to the constant need to restart my computer, which can't be good for its health. I am running the game on a Macbook Pro, OS X 10.8.4, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, and 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 if that helps. Thanks in advance!
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Big Stupid Jellyfish Jul 15, 2013 @ 12:45pm 
My game always crashes when I try to start a multiplayer match. I can't join groups or start them...I have to be invited to the game by my friends. Super annoying.
AviNim Jul 15, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
It crashes on me in single player mode (I haven't tested multi-player). I never had a problem before the new patch...anyone have any suggestions? I have checked the "known bugs" for the new patch, but none of them seem to fit my problem. Does anyone else have any problems playing since the new patch?
DarkAngel Jul 17, 2013 @ 5:05am 
It always crashes on OS X. There is no crash before updating to BNW. Note that, there are very few crashes when I running this game in windows 8 on the same computer. Is it God's punishment for being a Mac user?
AviNim Jul 17, 2013 @ 9:24am 
I don't even have BNW. Whatever was in that patch is crap and completely destroyed my game. Never had any crashes before. I contacted Aspyr for help and they gave me the garbage "check integrity of game cache," like I hadn't already done that?? Still waiting to hear back from them after *politely* informing them that their "solution" is not working.
Last edited by AviNim; Jul 17, 2013 @ 9:24am
dfickes May 2, 2014 @ 1:02am 
Was this ever resolved. I am a new purchaser of the game and can barely use it since it always crashes on my mac.... you would think that they might have resolved the issue by now.
SeraphSword May 3, 2014 @ 11:56pm 
What kind of video card do you have? That can make a big difference, along with how high you put your graphics settings in the game.
Mr. Executive War Elephant May 4, 2014 @ 10:46am 
This happened to me. Somehow it helped when I changed my launch options.
Mongos ink. May 4, 2014 @ 10:48am 
QQQ
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2013 @ 12:33pm