TheHatter Jul 12, 2013 @ 10:16am
Steam summer sale for mac
I hate the fact that there are big games reduced really cheap on steam only for windows. it literally makes me so angry that i own a mac because im sure the rest of you can agree.. we are seriously getting left out. :(
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
MMZ>StinkyMonkey Jul 12, 2013 @ 11:18am 
You can find a cheap copy of Windows XP and then use bootcamp. Tha'ts what I do and it works just fine for the few PC only games I want to play.
PoliteLizard Jul 12, 2013 @ 9:44pm 
I'm also using Bootcamp to run Windows 7. Works fine
TheHatter Jul 12, 2013 @ 10:52pm 
my mac one day stopped working with bootcamp :(
Krashlocke Jul 13, 2013 @ 6:48am 
This isn't new. Honestly, it has gotten substantially better since Steam came out for OS X and the Mac App Store opened up. Prior to that, good luck finding games for OS X not released by Blizzard or possibly some big EA titles ported three years after their Windows release.
xtenkenx Jul 13, 2013 @ 9:32am 
I just appreciate that steam decided to support the Mac OS at all. Heck the amount of games are growing real quick and to be honest, we can always look for to future games in future sales. (They always have summer and winter sales every year and we get good stuff every now and then throughout the year). If not, wel, boot camp works just fine for me :D or getting a desktop is another option (since i own a mac laptop, i have a windows tower)
McWee Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:04am 
/
[KEBAB]-=s3r4ph=- Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:17am 
Agree with OP - mac users are seriously shafted when it comes to sales or games in general! Yes you can use bootcamp to get windows up and running - but feck me if I wanna use that crappy OS everytime I wanna game. I switched to Mac to get away from Windows ... why on earth would I wanna go back.
einevea Jul 13, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
I have to say this is not a steam problem, in reality is a problem with the companies that produce the games
spoonybrad Jul 13, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
I don't really mind, myself. The fact that so few games are available helps to curb my spending immensely. More games would be nice, though.
Betu Jul 13, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
... Steam decide to support OS ? Whem ??
SugarBalls MintFart Jul 13, 2013 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by Betu:
... Steam decide to support OS ? Whem ??

2 years ago?
lekkerlammetje Jul 13, 2013 @ 1:46pm 
Agreed it is NOT a Steam issue. I also do not want to use Boot Camp, I have had it with Windoze. I turned Mac never to go back. Honestly...congratulations to Steam - when I installed Steam on my Mac I discovered that all my previous Steam purchases (made for the PC) could be downloaded again for my Mac (where a Mac version is available of course). Now honestly - I really did not expect that. Feels like I got 23 games for free.
Thompson Jul 13, 2013 @ 3:10pm 
I use wineskin to run my games, the devs really need to sell to a larger audience.
Awesome Possum Jul 13, 2013 @ 4:16pm 
I think a lot more games should have Mac versions. There are a lot of games I really wish I could play like Fez and stuff, but I don't want to use Boot Camp...
Davros Jul 13, 2013 @ 4:29pm 
Just in case you are not aware (though I am sure most people are, this comment is purely intended to be helpful not patronising) in the Store, under the Games menu drop-down there is a filter for MacOS games.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2013 @ 10:16am