Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam for Mac > Dettagli della discussione
Borderlands 2 Mac/PC compatibility
Hey all, I've been trying to play BL2 since launch with some of my friends, and the game never has seemed to like us playing together :( Has anyone found reliable ways to work around this, other than booting into Windows from OSX?
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 18
No. It doesn't support cross-platform multiplayer.
It should. Every article online i've read about Borderlands 2 states that it will support cross-platform multiplayer.

Q: Will Mac players be able to play with PC players in multiplayer co-op?

A: Yes! Although in some cases when the PC updates content, the Mac version will be out of sync with the PC for a time, meaning cross-platform multiplayer will not work. Aspyr is dedicated to minimizing any downtime between the Mac and PC versions. It’s important to note that during this time where the Mac version is catching up, Mac users will still be able to play with Mac users.

Update: (6/27/13) The Mac version on Steam is currently out of sync with the PC. A Mac update is currently in the works and will be released ASAP. Find more info at the Aspyr Support site.

This came from the Borderlands 2 Aspyr FAQ site.
It seems it may be your hardware? I don't have a problem playing Borderlands 2 with my PC friends and I use a Macbook Pro from mid 2012. It's not the fanciest thing but it handles itself pretty well.
It's not the hardware -.- I'm having the exact same problem. Both versions are just out of sync. In a little while they'll update the mac version and it'll be fixed.
I could play my nephew a while ago(me mac, him PC), but recently I couldnt. I am sure its going to get fixed... eventually.
I've played extensively with my brothers from my PC while they play on Mac, but just like others have said, the most recent patch to the PC version has caused it to come out of sync from the Mac version. Once Aspyr finishes the patch, compatibility will be back online.
My Mac saves are entirely different.
Any ETA on the patch?
bumping this, been waiting for us mac users to catch up too. I don't like running it on bootcamp...
Running it on bootcamp here as well, it's alright, but not the best solution.
I've never had any issues running the game in bootcamp - certainly nothing that's impacted gameplay.

I game with a friend and I've done both, gamed with him (on a PC) and me on a PC and at times a Mac. No issues. I'll be trying again tomorrow and will see whether Mac still works :postcardb:
It does but it has to sync
Bump
Still no sync?
As far as I know, the two versions should be in sync.

If you are having issues you might want to contact Aspyr support.

Since you are talking on the Steam forums, I assume you don't have the version on the Mac App Store, right? Because those will never be able to play with the PC.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 18
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam for Mac > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 11 lug 2013, ore 23:54