Steam client freeze since recent update
I can't say for sure when it started, but it seems to be since the last update. I'm finding the Steam client will regularly just sieze up. The store browser continues to work, but things like notifications of new forum posts don't appear. It'll often (but not always) have 'no connection' at the bottom of the client window, even though the Internet connection is funtioning normally. Restarting Steam fixes it all, but only if I force quit - trying to quit Steam normally causes it to go into perminant beach ball and just lock up.

Edit: Forgot to say, my best guess on any regular causal event for this is MacBook going to sleep. It seems to work fine up until the point I close the lid, or the computer goes to sleep on it's own. Once I come back to the machine, it seems not to work any more, and freezes when I try to quit.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyone got a solution?
Última edição por somnolentsurfer; 18/jun./2013 às 5:36
< >
Exibindo comentários 18 de 8
somnolentsurfer 19/jun./2013 às 8:10 
So, after a bit more testing, this seems to be universally replicable on my machine (Mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz i5, 4GB, HD4000, OS X 10.8.4).

Trying to quit Steam after waking the MabBook from sleep will cause a perminant beach ball freeze. It doesn't seem to matter how long ago it woke from sleep - if the MacBook has been in standby since Steam was started, it'll freeze on exit. If it hasn't, Steam will quit just fine.
device 19/jun./2013 às 8:51 
:D
Hoho 23/jun./2013 às 5:35 
Yep, experiencing the exact same bug. MacBook Air Mid 2012 13".
Indyhill 1/jul./2013 às 18:55 
Add me to the list of "me-toos". Seems like Steam has always been less stable than on Windows, but it has definately gotten worse. Guess I need to remember to close it when I don't need it.... before the Macbook sleeps that is apparently.
sLIDe 1/jul./2013 às 22:26 
Haven't really noticed any problems on my iMac (2011)
somnolentsurfer 2/jul./2013 às 3:00 
Guessing you probably don't close the lid of your iMac very often...
NAwk 4/ago./2014 às 18:25 
Same problem. Macbook Pro Retina 2013. Whenever I put my computer to sleep with Steam open I am unable to open any games, requires a Steam restart.
Seannycow 5/ago./2014 às 1:53 
< >
Exibindo comentários 18 de 8
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 18/jun./2013 às 5:10