Wintermutant 2013년 6월 12일 오전 12시 48분
Steam stuck in offline mode
Hey all,

I'm getting this error message whenever I try to start the Steam client that says

"Steam - Error

Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'Offlin... Mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer.

You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again.

Click here to check the status of the Steam network

[OK]"

Please help me - how do I get it out of offiline mode.

Things to note:

1) I have no acess to the Steam menu to do anything other than hide or quit Steam, SO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO CHANGE USERS, OR SWITCH TO ONLINE MODE IN THE MENU, as this is precisely what I cannot do and why the error makes no sense.

2) I have uninstalled and reinstalled Steam many times, including deleting the library files. The only thing that has changed is that now it gives me the option to create a new account, login to PS3 for the first time, or login to an existing account. Choosing the third option reproduces the error

3) my computer is full updated

4) when I click to check the status of the Steam network, I get a site with user statistics that seems to indicate everything is peachy keen

5) I have started a support ticket, but no reply as of yet

6) I can log in to the Steam website just fine

7) When I click [OK], the app just shuts down to repeat the error if I open it again and try to
< >
44개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
Wintermutant 2013년 6월 12일 오전 7시 35분 
No tips? Anyone? There are so many forum threads on similar topics but none of the solutions listed there have helped me at all. Someone, please - there's no way to play any of my games and I'm getting very frustrated.
dimension jumper 2013년 6월 13일 오후 6시 26분 
i found 1 solution but i don't know if it works
Do the Roar 2013년 6월 13일 오후 7시 42분 
weird
henryg 2013년 6월 13일 오후 9시 44분 
I don't think that I've encountered this exact message before. I'm going to do some research on it tomorrow and will post back here as soon as I have more information.
henryg 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 6월 13일 오후 9시 45분
Gezus 2013년 6월 14일 오후 2시 01분 
Today I went online for the first time in a couple of months. I installed the updates then thought I would go back to offline mode. After restarting to go in to offline it now says (Steam Error.. Could not connect to Steam Network) I don't want to connect! Steam is completely retarded.
sofia_drawsmore 2013년 6월 18일 오후 3시 35분 
I've got the exact same problem. Tried deleting various files, but so far, nothing works. It started doing this right after that last update, and it's been doing this for the past few days since, so I can only assume that's the problem. Anyone have a solution yet for OS X?
sofia_drawsmore 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 6월 18일 오후 3시 36분
Mr. Horrible 2013년 6월 21일 오후 2시 08분 
I have the same problem on a mac. I think all the problems derive from me not having login info stored
bridie1 2013년 6월 22일 오전 8시 20분 
I have the same problem after installing steam for the first time ever. I imagine it's something to do with our internet connection settings... but I wouldn't have the foggiest what. I'm surprised there is not a guide on connecting in the faqs tbh. Just bought a game and cannot play it!
sofia_drawsmore 2013년 6월 23일 오후 2시 19분 
I'm not sure how or why, but switching from my stable, wired home network, to my heavily unstable tethered phone network seemed to fix things. I just hope when I reconnect to my stronger network I can download my games.
EDIT
Nope, still can't download them.
sofia_drawsmore 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 6월 27일 오전 6시 55분
henryg 2013년 6월 24일 오전 11시 15분 
We are still investigating this connectivity bug and hope to release a fix soon. Using a different ISP temporarily (coffee shop WiFi, office VPN, etc) may let you log in once as a workaround, at which point Steam should be working for you again.

EDIT: this does not appear to be working. Sorry for the false hope.
henryg 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 7월 3일 오후 4시 04분
ej_favier 2013년 6월 27일 오전 9시 36분 
Getting exactly the same error message and issue, though running on Windows
Wintermutant 2013년 7월 1일 오전 11시 02분 
OP here - still having this issue. Would really love to be able to play the games that I paid for ... the response to my support ticket was entirely unhelpful.
DomBobomb 2013년 7월 1일 오후 4시 31분 
Hmmm, that's weird.
You're having 0 other internet issues (eg. Adium, Chrome, Safari, Skype)?

What are the security and firewall policies (if you know them), as the Steam Client requires a few;

UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)
UDP 4380

Dedicated or Listen Servers
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat
UDP 3478 (Outbound)
UDP 4379 (Outbound)
UDP 4380 (Outbound)

BUT.

Let's start easy first. If you can open the Console Log (~/Applications/Utilities/Console.app), hit Clear Display at the top of the window (it just clears the current console messages), and launch Steam.

You should see several notes if there are issues connecting. If you can post those logs in here, it should shed some light on this issue.
n.sparer 2013년 7월 2일 오전 11시 06분 
I am having exactly the same issue. Cannot connect because no log-in data stored although full internet access (can log-in wiht steam online) - no way of playing! I tried several problem solving suggestions (e.g. new registry, re-install, firewall off, etc.) no chance. Where the bugfix?
renaud 2013년 7월 2일 오후 12시 08분 
same for me here
< >
44개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2013년 6월 12일 오전 12시 48분
게시글: 44