Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam for Mac > Detaliile subiectului
Mac Mini + Logitech F710 + Steam Play = Help!
I have a brand new Mac Mini running the latest version of OSX. It's hooked up to my TV via HDMI. So far so good. Downloaded steam, and have access to my account from that computer and can launch Steam Play games.

But I need a controller. So I bought the Logitech F710. And I bought Game Companion App from Appstore. The Logitech is set up and working (mostly). Here's where the trouble starts.

I can use the F710 to navigate OSX and launch Steam. I can open Steam Play. When I go to log in, I cannot fully enter my password because I cannot access the numbers (only the alphabet).

Problem #1: RT trigger is required to open numbers. What should I bind RT to in the Game Companion App to get it working in Steam Play?

I worked around this problem by going out of Steam Play and logging in from OSX. I re-launched Steam Play and opened Critter Crunchers (game I play with my kid). The game loads, and allows me to select from the main menu. I select "Single Player". F710 working fine. . . then I get to the profile screen and then I can no longer use the F710. I can't exit, navigate to any buttons or enter a profile name.

Problem #2: F710 stops working mid game and I have to hard reboot the Mac Mini to get out.

I Googled as best I could for issues using Steam Play on a Mac but came up empty. Any help appreciated. Honestly Steam if you can get this right - make it a snap to set up Steam Play - then you've pretty much made the XBOX and PS announcements irrelevant. I think the idea of Steam Play is brilliant but still pretty buggy. Would love to help debug the issues. Thanks!
< >
Se afișează 1-5 din 5 comentarii
Korpil 25 sept. 2013 la 14:59 
Hi there!

There is no need to use companion app with Steam. I just configured my own F710 with my MacBook and was able to perfectly navigate in Big Picture.

Here's what you need to do:

On the back of the controller, make sure that the switch is set to D instead of X.
Now with the receiver unplugged, press and hold the center Logitech button and then plug the receiver.

To make sure it works, go to the About this Mac -> System Report and it should appear as a Logitech Rumble Controller or something.

Now, you should be able to go to Steam and use Big Picture without issues.

I´m trying this on my 13-inch Late 2009 MacBook with OS X 10.8.5
Gifted 26 iun. 2014 la 23:53 
It works for me in big picture but then doesn't work in game. Any suggestions anyone
Yep, same here. Works in Big Picture but not in game. Kindle and Google TV are going to nail this. So Steam should either be in those ecosystems, or you guys need to figure out how to get this UX right.
water 15 nov. 2014 la 5:04 
works in games for me. you just have to do in console exec 360controller.
< >
Se afișează 1-5 din 5 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam for Mac > Detaliile subiectului
Data postării: 1 iun. 2013 la 12:04
Postări: 5