Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Steam for Mac > Details van topic
TF2 Often Freezes, Sometimes Causing Steam to Crash (TF2 on Mac)
It's been a few days since the "Mecha Update" came for Team Fortress 2. Ever since that update came, however, TF2 often freezes, which sometimes leads to the Steam app crashing. Does anyone know how to stop Steam from crashing or to stop TF2 from freezing?
Also, I should say that waiting for TF2 to unfreeze doesn't work for me.
Laatst bewerkt door notorious d.e.c.l.a.n.; 29 dec 2012 om 15:42
< >
1-15 van 31 reacties weergegeven
Exactly the same problem for me.
yeep me to
Whats your hardware specs ( → About this Mac → More info)
Origineel geplaatst door Comrade Mozart:
Whats your hardware specs ( → About this Mac → More info)
I have version 10.5.8 on my Mac.

Yep, every since the christmas holiday update, steam and/or tf2 crashes anywhere from 2 minutes to half an hour of game play before, boom it crashes.

Everything has to be re-verified, takes a good 10-15 minutes, everything checks out fine, then it crashes again.

This has been happening since before Christmas for me.

OSX 10.5.8
Same than Sofa King except it's only after the Christmas for me.

OSX 10.7.5
same here, ever since mecha update

osx 10.7.5
Ditto. 10.8.2 here
hey there is a post in here on page 2 "Steam always quits when im playin any game"... read that and the guys suggestion seemed to help me, worth a shot
Origineel geplaatst door nannyshad:
hey there is a post in here on page 2 "Steam always quits when im playin any game"... read that and the guys suggestion seemed to help me, worth a shot

Thanks for telling me about that! The fix that was there really worked.
im glad im not the only one
still plays my other games so they shuld fix it soon
Yeah this happens to me too when I try to change the style of an item..
I've found a fix: once the Steam app is open, find the "Preferences" box. Once you're in the Preferences box, change your "favorite window" to "library," then click "Ok." This worked for me, and I hope it'll work for you.
When you mean "Preferences" box, do you mean system preferences? And if you are, how do you find this, how do you find this "favorite window" option on iMacs with Lion?
< >
1-15 van 31 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Steam for Mac > Details van topic
Geplaatst op: 29 dec 2012 om 13:17
Aantal berichten: 31