STEAM CRASH
I swear to God Steam crashes evrytime I try to play a game like when I play Gmod Steam will crash before I get to the spawn screen on sandbox. This is seriously pissing me the ♥♥♥♥ off help? I'd seriously ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ appreciate it.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 49
I'm getting heaps of Steam crashes too, but it does at random. In-game, or not in-game, idle or active, chatting or not chatting, online or offline. It's done it in multiple games too. (Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Edition) When Steam crashes my game freezes and becomes unresponsive if I was online, or it could just be when I'm in a Valve game.

If someone could look into these crashes it would be greatly appreciated as they stop me from playing Mac games. They begun a few days ago, so it would have been one of the last two updates. I'm running OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Late 2009 21.5" iMac. 8GB RAM, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Thanks.
Buk. 24. Dez. 2012 um 5:55 
Came in here to post about the steam app itself just crashing. Whats up with that?
Well I recently got Gmod working without a crash about 10 hours ago so I belive it may just be maintainance.
NOPE CRASHED AGAIN
grnchile 24. Dez. 2012 um 19:08 
I've been seeing this as well, also with Snow Leopard. The client on my machine has a 100MB/minute memory leak. It dies after growing to 3GB (half an hour). This growth happens even if it's sitting idle. Waiting for a response back from support...
Cent 26. Dez. 2012 um 0:17 
Yup happening with me as well. WIll just randomly drop no matter what I am doing
Arkoth 26. Dez. 2012 um 0:59 
It's been happening a lot for me as well. Always at random. I've given up on Steam gaming until we get a new client version or hotfix. Very disappointed (especially due to a holiday break).

2.93 Ghz Intel Core i7
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB
OS 10.8.2
Mid 2010 27" iMac
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure I've found a fix for this. There appears to be a memory leak caused by the Steam Store page. Even if you loaded the store page a while ago and are no longer on that page, it will still be leaking memory. Every time a picture goes past on the slider/banner of the 48 hour deals the memory jumps up, and stays up. The memory jumps up whenever the slider goes across so I believe that's the source.

My fix: Go to Steam preferences (Click "Steam" next to the Apple icon on the top right, then click "Preferences...". Alternatively just press the hotkey "Command , " aka, Command Comma) Once in Steam Preferences, change your "Favorite window" to "Library". After this click "OK" at the bottom of the Preferences window. Now relaunch Steam.
When Steam relaunches it should take you to your games Library and won't load the Store page. Now you should be free to play your games! As long as you don't load the Store page, if you do make sure you relaunch Steam.

I haven't tested this much yet, but when I relaunched Steam with my favorite window as "Library" there was no memory leak that I could detect! I gave it 10 mins and still no load, then I loaded the Store page and there was a leak once the banner/slider was going across. If anyone still has an issue after doing ALL above steps then let me know. I believe the memory leak is the issue though so stopping it should logically solve the problem.

Spread this around to fellow Mac users having the same issue. Happy gaming everyone. :)
Sicarius 26. Dez. 2012 um 12:06 
So far after doing this I've had no crashes. Thanks a lot!
ok just dont open the store page great!
Buk. 26. Dez. 2012 um 17:18 
There was a "Beta" option on my steam client, just came to say it does NOT fix the issue.

This is really annoying. Im hoping the idea from above will help. I've started a ticket with support, so maybe i'll get a response before the end of the break.
I also tried the Beta option, the crashes still happened though.

I've had no crashes since doing what I said up there, and Sicarius above has also had no crashes to it seems to be working.
RyB00G 26. Dez. 2012 um 18:46 
im on mac and my games keep on crashing by saying hl2 osx error how do i fix that
RyB00G 26. Dez. 2012 um 18:47 
my gmod is broken
try deleting and reinstalling
< >
Beiträge 115 von 49
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 23. Dez. 2012 um 19:16