Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Steam for Mac > Trådoplysninger
Asain1219 22. dec. 2012 kl. 12:23
Cant upload screenshots from my desktop (Solved -.- stop spamming)
There is nowhere to upload the files it just says that i have to take a screenshot in a game (then i do it), and that doesnt work it just drags the screenshot to desktop (then i dont know where to put them)
Sidst redigeret af Asain1219; 17. okt. 2013 kl. 14:53
< >
Viser 1-15 af 23 kommentarer
Janichsan 22. dec. 2012 kl. 13:56 
How do you take the screenshot? Do you use the Steam function for that (F12, I think)?
Asain1219 22. dec. 2012 kl. 16:27 
nope, in the mac u have tu use command+shift+3 to take the screenshot and when i do it, it just takes the photo to the deesktop and nothing happens
Janichsan 24. dec. 2012 kl. 5:33 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Sergiocam Old School:
nope, in the mac u have tu use command+shift+3 to take the screenshot and when i do it, it just takes the photo to the deesktop and nothing happens
Well, there's your problem: use Steam's screenshot option and you can upload the pictures.
Asain1219 24. dec. 2012 kl. 12:54 
where do i select that steam screenshot option?
Janichsan 24. dec. 2012 kl. 15:05 
where do i select that steam screenshot option?
As I said, press F12.
Sidst redigeret af Janichsan; 24. dec. 2012 kl. 15:05
Asain1219 26. dec. 2012 kl. 17:11 
dude, F12 in my mac is to manage the volume
Janichsan 27. dec. 2012 kl. 0:51 
dude, F12 in my mac is to manage the volume
Then reassign the key in Steam's preferences. It's really not that difficult, "dude".
Asain1219 27. dec. 2012 kl. 12:09 
you cant do that in a mac thats the problem with OS X! that key is always there to + the volume, F11 to - the volume, F10 to mute! you got it?
Janichsan 27. dec. 2012 kl. 14:59 
*sigh* Okay, Mac function keys for beginners...

For one, with your settings, pressing "fn" and any function key let's you use it for anything else but the system controls. In your case, fn+F12 equals Steam screenshot.

Secondly, you can reverse that behaviour in the System Preferences, so that you have to press fn+function key for the system controls.

Third and last, you can change the Steam screenshot key in Steam's preferences to anything else but a function key.

You got it now?
Sidst redigeret af Janichsan; 28. dec. 2012 kl. 2:02
V2Blast 27. dec. 2012 kl. 20:15 
As Janichsan said: If you don't press the "fn" (function) key before hitting one of the F# buttons, it will just do whatever the default OS shortcut is (lower/raise brightness, bring up or hide the Dashboard, media controls, etc.). Hitting the F12 key by itself will not be interpreted as a regular F12, but will instead increase the system volume.

If you hold "fn" and hit, say, F12, it will be interpreted the same way a regular F12 would be in Windows (rather than the OS shortcut). In Steam, this will take a screenshot by default.

You can switch this behavior by following Janichsan's instructions (by going to System Preferences) if you don't want to hold the "fn" key every time you take a screenshot. You can also change the Steam screenshot shortcut key through Steam's preferences, as Janichsan mentioned.
Asain1219 28. dec. 2012 kl. 11:20 
do you think i didnt tried that yet? i know what fn does but when i was in spiral knights for example, i tried pressing fn+f12 and it didnt even take the screenshot....
Asain1219 28. dec. 2012 kl. 11:21 
okey, i changed the key to \, now i tried doing it, it doesnt work!
skybythelight 2. jan. 2013 kl. 17:42 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Janichsan:
*sigh* Okay, Mac function keys for beginners...

For one, with your settings, pressing "fn" and any function key let's you use it for anything else but the system controls. In your case, fn+F12 equals Steam screenshot.

Secondly, you can reverse that behaviour in the System Preferences, so that you have to press fn+function key for the system controls.

Third and last, you can change the Steam screenshot key in Steam's preferences to anything else but a function key.

You got it now?

None of these options resolve the screenshot issue with steam and mac OS.
Dark_m00 2. jan. 2013 kl. 22:41 
все правильно и понятно !
Janichsan 3. jan. 2013 kl. 0:11 
Oprindeligt skrevet af skybythelight:
None of these options resolve the screenshot issue with steam and mac OS.
What issue? I can make and upload screenshots perfectly fine this way.
< >
Viser 1-15 af 23 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Steam for Mac > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 22. dec. 2012 kl. 12:23