Assasin1219 Dec 22, 2012 @ 12:23pm
Cant upload screenshots from my desktop (Solved -.- stop spamming)
There is nowhere to upload the files it just says that i have to take a screenshot in a game (then i do it), and that doesnt work it just drags the screenshot to desktop (then i dont know where to put them)
Last edited by Assasin1219; Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:53pm
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Janichsan Dec 22, 2012 @ 1:56pm 
How do you take the screenshot? Do you use the Steam function for that (F12, I think)?
Assasin1219 Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:27pm 
nope, in the mac u have tu use command+shift+3 to take the screenshot and when i do it, it just takes the photo to the deesktop and nothing happens
Janichsan Dec 24, 2012 @ 5:33am 
Originally posted by Sergiocam Old School:
nope, in the mac u have tu use command+shift+3 to take the screenshot and when i do it, it just takes the photo to the deesktop and nothing happens
Well, there's your problem: use Steam's screenshot option and you can upload the pictures.
Assasin1219 Dec 24, 2012 @ 12:54pm 
where do i select that steam screenshot option?
Janichsan Dec 24, 2012 @ 3:05pm 
where do i select that steam screenshot option?
As I said, press F12.
Last edited by Janichsan; Dec 24, 2012 @ 3:05pm
Assasin1219 Dec 26, 2012 @ 5:11pm 
dude, F12 in my mac is to manage the volume
Janichsan Dec 27, 2012 @ 12:51am 
dude, F12 in my mac is to manage the volume
Then reassign the key in Steam's preferences. It's really not that difficult, "dude".
Assasin1219 Dec 27, 2012 @ 12:09pm 
you cant do that in a mac thats the problem with OS X! that key is always there to + the volume, F11 to - the volume, F10 to mute! you got it?
Janichsan Dec 27, 2012 @ 2:59pm 
*sigh* Okay, Mac function keys for beginners...

For one, with your settings, pressing "fn" and any function key let's you use it for anything else but the system controls. In your case, fn+F12 equals Steam screenshot.

Secondly, you can reverse that behaviour in the System Preferences, so that you have to press fn+function key for the system controls.

Third and last, you can change the Steam screenshot key in Steam's preferences to anything else but a function key.

You got it now?
Last edited by Janichsan; Dec 28, 2012 @ 2:02am
V2Blast Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:15pm 
As Janichsan said: If you don't press the "fn" (function) key before hitting one of the F# buttons, it will just do whatever the default OS shortcut is (lower/raise brightness, bring up or hide the Dashboard, media controls, etc.). Hitting the F12 key by itself will not be interpreted as a regular F12, but will instead increase the system volume.

If you hold "fn" and hit, say, F12, it will be interpreted the same way a regular F12 would be in Windows (rather than the OS shortcut). In Steam, this will take a screenshot by default.

You can switch this behavior by following Janichsan's instructions (by going to System Preferences) if you don't want to hold the "fn" key every time you take a screenshot. You can also change the Steam screenshot shortcut key through Steam's preferences, as Janichsan mentioned.
Assasin1219 Dec 28, 2012 @ 11:20am 
do you think i didnt tried that yet? i know what fn does but when i was in spiral knights for example, i tried pressing fn+f12 and it didnt even take the screenshot....
Assasin1219 Dec 28, 2012 @ 11:21am 
okey, i changed the key to \, now i tried doing it, it doesnt work!
skybythelight Jan 2, 2013 @ 5:42pm 
Originally posted by Janichsan:
*sigh* Okay, Mac function keys for beginners...

For one, with your settings, pressing "fn" and any function key let's you use it for anything else but the system controls. In your case, fn+F12 equals Steam screenshot.

Secondly, you can reverse that behaviour in the System Preferences, so that you have to press fn+function key for the system controls.

Third and last, you can change the Steam screenshot key in Steam's preferences to anything else but a function key.

You got it now?

None of these options resolve the screenshot issue with steam and mac OS.
^_^ Lord Q.7 Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:41pm 
все правильно и понятно !
Janichsan Jan 3, 2013 @ 12:11am 
Originally posted by skybythelight:
None of these options resolve the screenshot issue with steam and mac OS.
What issue? I can make and upload screenshots perfectly fine this way.
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2012 @ 12:23pm