Steam on mac for 1% players ?
Is it a good position for Valve ?
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
Maybe a little more % players.
Well I figure it's fine they have it multiplatform, especially since they already have the client coded. Anyone who dual-boots knows it's nice to be able to bounce between OSes and still have access to their compatible Steam library.
s33r 23.6.2013 klo 19.53 
I think the more gamers Steam (Valve) can sell to the better. Opening up more to more platforms is also good for the developers too.
I'm more curious about the effect iPad gaming will have on Mac games in general. With decent ports coming out, such as the recently released SW:KOTOR, ever-improving specs, and a huge user base, will developers shun the Mac in favour of the iPad?
Yes,i dont know! Well you the best time in game over the play!
texinick lähetti viestin:
I'm more curious about the effect iPad gaming will have on Mac games in general. With decent ports coming out, such as the recently released SW:KOTOR, ever-improving specs, and a huge user base, will developers shun the Mac in favour of the iPad?

Considering we did both the Mac and iPad port of KOTOR, I don't think we'll be shunning the Mac anytime soon.
As a Mac user, I'm just really happy with the decision to open for both Mac and Linux. Windows market share is slowly declining, while iOS and Android is increasing. If Steam can make games available on iOS and Android, the cross-platform game distribution is going to be pretty powerful.
hope dota 2 is going to be available on mac :d2bloodseeker:
AspyrRyan lähetti viestin:
Considering we did both the Mac and iPad port of KOTOR, I don't think we'll be shunning the Mac anytime soon.

That's great to hear Ryan, thanks for taking the time to reply, and I look forward to seeing many more great games available on the Mac & iOS :)
mac is not really for gaming
Unless it's financially damaging, a developer should always consider making games for as many platforms as is feasible.
I have a mac but I use boot camp so it pretty much a windows
s33r 30.6.2013 klo 4.00 
Philip lähetti viestin:
mac is not really for gaming
Depends on what games you enjoy and want to play. Sure some games aren't suited to the platform but there are many, many more that will work fine and so I'd say Macs are more than adequate for gaming.
i just decided to save up and buy a pc there is such a small amount of games for the mac
Akuro 30.6.2013 klo 20.27 
More options only helps the consumers. Plus, I'd love to see the great hardware of a mac put to good use...like killing zombies.
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 23.5.2013 klo 7.30