New problem after update
I have updated steam today, and it doesn't work now. Icon just appears and disappears with error:
28.03.13 12:55:06,638 [0x0-0xdaddad].com.valvesoftware.steam: found breakpad via in process memory: '/Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/osx32/Frameworks/Breakpad.framework/Versions/A/Resources'
28.03.13 12:55:06,639 [0x0-0xdaddad].com.valvesoftware.steam: Installing breakpad crash handler
28.03.13 12:55:06,663 [0x0-0xdaddad].com.valvesoftware.steam: SteamID: 0, universe Public
28.03.13 12:55:06,664 [0x0-0xdaddad].com.valvesoftware.steam: SteamID: 0, universe Public
28.03.13 12:55:06,683 [0x0-0xdaddad].com.valvesoftware.steam: SteamID: 0, universe Public
28.03.13 12:55:06,683 [0x0-0xdaddad].com.valvesoftware.steam: SteamID: 0, universe Public
28.03.13 12:55:06,685 [0x0-0xdaddad].com.valvesoftware.steam: /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/steam.sh: line 704: 18857 Killed: 9 $STEAM_DEBUGGER "$STEAMROOT/$PLATFORM/$STEAMEXE" "$@"

Mac OS Lion 10.7.5
Thanks.
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 70 komentářů
I use Steam for Mac about a half of the year and about a week ago it's worked fine. But now after one quit or reboot it don't work until I redownload and reinstall it.
After launching it's icon appears in Dock only for a second and then disappears. Can you help me with it? Mac OS X 10.8.3

Naposledy upravil Motorola; 28. bře. 2013 v 2.17
You should now be able to see the Steam folder, and the registry.vdf file inside that. Simply rename the file, or delete the full stop so that Steam doesn't recognise the file (you can delete the file, but best to rename first as if this fails, you might want to be able to revert back).

Once the file has been renamed, you should be able to start up Steam and get back online. Note: if the above fails, try following all of the steps again but rather than starting up Steam, re-install it instead.

Worked for me - I'm now back online.
yes, it works. thnx kozz!!
Thank you Kozz!
Naposledy upravil RussDragon; 28. bře. 2013 v 6.38
i don't have registry.vdf file inside my steam folder at all... i don't know, what to do.
Thanx dude really helped.
Vladimir Putin původně napsal:
i don't have registry.vdf file inside my steam folder at all... i don't know, what to do.

Hey, look, you should have it, it's not in the /Applications/Steam.app/ - it's in the ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/registry.vdf ('backslash is for space character in Terminal')

And thank you Kozz, really works
Naposledy upravil anyseemove; 28. bře. 2013 v 10.30
Hi, but i don't see folder "Steam" in ~/Library/Application\ Support/
Thanks, dude. Realy helps.
Thank you, Kozz!
♥♥♥♥, it automatically creates that file again.
I doesn't work! crash happens again
I don't have Steam folder in Library/Application Support
No spaces in names&
Crash just crash
Calvin Klein původně napsal:
That's the point.

Your old registry.vdf was broken in some way and by deleting it, you force Steam to create a new, hopefully functional one.
Janichsan původně napsal:
Calvin Klein původně napsal:
That's the point.

Your old registry.vdf was broken in some way and by deleting it, you force Steam to create a new, hopefully functional one.

well, obviously it's not creating functional ones. :'(
When they are going to fix it ? I just add money to my account to purchase new games for mac and i cant log in always crashing :/
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 70 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 28. bře. 2013 v 2.06
Počet příspěvků: 70