Trying to Install new game causes crash
Hi,
I bought a few games that were on sale this past weekend via the Steam website.
When I try to Install the games via the Mac client, the client immediately crashes to the desktop.
I can play my already installed games just fine.
Would love to play my new purchases!
If it helps or matters, I'm running 10.8.2 and trying to install Hotline Miami, The Binding of Isaac, and Droid Assault (but something tells me it's not the game that matters as it crashes when trying to install all of them).
Oddly enough, after the crash and when restarting Steam, it occasionally seems to re-download and re-update the Steam client.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
< >
Näytetään 1-13 / 13 kommentista
Have you tried manually updating Steam?

If that doesn't work have you tried deleting Steam entirely, and re-installing it? I think it should keep your games even if you delete the client, so they'll still be there after you re-install.

Also you might try updating your Mac OS, since 10.8.3 is the latest.
Did you ever solve this? Because It's still happening to me...
This happens to me and it's driving me mad. What is the solution to this?
twii 20.4.2013 klo 16.12 
I don't know, yet. Still broken for me. :( Working with customer support, but it's very slow going...
This is happening to me too. I completely wiped steam and all games from my mac, and re-installed. Now I've lost all my games and can't reinstall them :(
this is happening to me, would be good if someone could post a solution...
I'm having the same problem.
I finally got it to work by deleting the steam app in the applications folder and simply downloading steam again. no need to replace the steam folder in application support or anything.
I narrowed down the problem to iTunes (11.0.2). I disabled "Open at Login" for iTunes, and (after a reboot) I am able to install games in Steam. However, if I open iTunes, I'm unable to install games in Steam in that log-in session, even after I quit iTunes.

I tried killing the iTunes and iTunes Helper processes in the Activity Monitor, but I'm still unable to install games. So I'm not sure exactly what is causing this problem.

Hope this helps!
Caboose lähetti viestin:
I narrowed down the problem to iTunes (11.0.2). I disabled "Open at Login" for iTunes, and (after a reboot) I am able to install games in Steam. However, if I open iTunes, I'm unable to install games in Steam in that log-in session, even after I quit iTunes.

I tried killing the iTunes and iTunes Helper processes in the Activity Monitor, but I'm still unable to install games. So I'm not sure exactly what is causing this problem.

Hope this helps!

This did it! I already tried re-installing, which didn't help, so this is really helpful. Thanks!
twii 11.5.2013 klo 14.11 
I'm glad people are finding success with different fixes. As for me, Steam support helped me figure out my particular issue (my anti-virus software was screwing with the installs). In case it helps people, here's their link of software that may interfere w/ Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289
Sorry, Twil, but I didn't see anything in that post that you dropped which applies to Macs. *sigh* So far no fixes I've seen posted have worked for me, and I think others are in the same boat. Thanks for trying, though. I'm glad some fixes are working for someone. We shouldn't have to do all this rigamaroll just to use products we've paid for.
twii 11.5.2013 klo 18.08 
Agreed. I'd try opening a ticket with customer support. It took a LOT of back-and-forth over a long period of time, but I now know how to install games in my particular case. Good luck to you.
< >
Näytetään 1-13 / 13 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 27.3.2013 klo 17.00