SazzyPazz Mar 14, 2013 @ 3:31pm
Petition to get Fallout 3 on Mac
I think mac has always been thought as a bad platform for gaming. But this is invalid. We can run the same games as mac and we are slowly getting Old Mainstream games. I think we should obtain Fallout 3 cause it will be a really good start to mac gaming. (Fallout 3 was a very good game) Also most people with a mac will be able to run it at optimal quality. This game was hands down one of the best games made in history and also has many creative mods and such. Lets get PC and MAC to be EQUAL. Mac is just a piece of crap in PC gamers eyes. Lets change that and start small.
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Offyerrocker Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:17pm 
May I suggest BootCamp or VMWare Fusion? Fallout 3 or any other Windows-only game on Mac, problem solved.
Last edited by Arctic Ice; Jul 26, 2013 @ 2:34pm
exiter Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:25am 
GIMME! I HAS MAC! ;)
Hitler Jong Um Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:50pm 
Mac stays virus "free" I say that with quotes because you can't stop hackers but on to what I was saying Mac OS does this by limiting downloads and nothing you are doing here will help you need to post a petition on Apple.com as they are the cause of it one reason why PC is better no limits!
Hitler Jong Um Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:53pm 
You petition needs to go there saying FREE STEAM LET US DOWNLOAD ALL GAMES! Not on steam asking steam to do it as it won't work I have a friend playing on Mac that wants to play this game but saddly he can't. Some help get a pirated version of Fallout 3 or Jailbreak you Mac.
Inquisitive Iguana Jul 16, 2013 @ 6:58pm 
*le signs petition*
Σ SCOTTISH MASTER SHAKE Σ Jul 16, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
First off, Offyerrocker, Mac is not crap, it's just not as indepth in the game department as PC, but it sure has its qualifications and the power to run games.

Second, Fallout 3 is a great game, but it won't be arriving on mac anytime soon. As much as we would all want it (including Vegas), Bethesda studios rarely jumps from PC. HOWEVER, if you choose the dark side of gaming. You can install and run the game through Cider (or Wineskin, but for Fallout and Skyrim, I highly suggest Cider). It basically takes the files from Cider running games (like Sims 3), but with a different binary and obvious file changes.

You can look up tutorials online, but you'll need the PC files to run it. I currently have Skyrim running on my Macbook Pro (NOT through Bootcamp/Parallels) and it runs smooth and silky. The downside is, you'll have the manually update the game, and if you want any chance of expansions, you really need to know your stuff.

Last edited by Σ SCOTTISH MASTER SHAKE Σ; Jul 16, 2013 @ 8:12pm
DNA Jul 16, 2013 @ 11:38pm 
Hoping it would not be crashy as it is on windows :V
Pencil Jul 17, 2013 @ 12:05am 
"Bethesda studios rarely jumps from PC."

A good point. While Fallout 3 would be nice, the decision ultimately lies with the developers. I'd like to think that with recent ports to Mac more developers are heading this way but it looks like it's going to take more time.

My only guess is that developers don't anticipate as many sales or that the change in coding is too time consuming? (I've only heard these arguments, don't know how the truth behind them.)
Chickenstein Jul 17, 2013 @ 12:47am 
Point is - wouldn't that mean that Oblivion and New Vegas could be ported, too, since it is more or less the same engine? I don't think F3 alone would be somehow viable.

Anyway, I'd sign. This would be a good opportunity to replay F3.
KAZUMA's Christmas Vacation Jul 17, 2013 @ 1:32am 
Originally posted by LostPencil ♫:
"Bethesda studios rarely jumps from PC."

A good point. While Fallout 3 would be nice, the decision ultimately lies with the developers. I'd like to think that with recent ports to Mac more developers are heading this way but it looks like it's going to take more time.

My only guess is that developers don't anticipate as many sales or that the change in coding is too time consuming? (I've only heard these arguments, don't know how the truth behind them.)
At this point, our only hope of salvation is a ♥♥♥♥ty Wine wrapper that causes more problems than it solves.
krubble Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:33am 
I was never interested in this game on the Xbox, but I would love try it on the Mac, so you have my vote!
dowcowrox Jul 25, 2013 @ 7:59pm 
I already bought the stinking game and I just realized I can't play it cuz I have a Mac. FML.
powerhead Jul 26, 2013 @ 7:26am 
+1 with this!
KittenCanaveral Jul 26, 2013 @ 2:19pm 
Sadly a fourm post wont get this game on Mac people like us who want this game nead to contact the devolpers for the games we want and ask them to bring it to our platform.
Lagomorpha Jul 26, 2013 @ 6:38pm 
Great game. Hopefully this will play out in our favour!
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50