Garekt Oct 23, 2013 @ 1:57pm
Garry's Mod Wont Launch
When I launch Garry's Mod in 10.9 (Mavericks) the game fails to load.

It freezes on the blue loading screen and this error message displays in the background.

Couldn't load: \Users\Gary\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\marshall10\garrysmod\garrysmod\bin\client.dylib
Reason: dlopen(\Users\Gary\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\marshall10\garrysmod\garrysmod\bin\client.dylib, 2): image not found

Ideas?
Last edited by Garekt; Oct 23, 2013 @ 2:05pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Ugbugcheese Oct 25, 2013 @ 5:35pm 
The same ting happens to me
Garekt Oct 26, 2013 @ 7:14am 
To make it work, go to the game in libary, right click it and go to Properties, then Beta, and select the Development Branch. It will work then.

Not sure why, it just does. o_O
jacecraft Oct 26, 2013 @ 10:21am 
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but which "Garry's Mod" do I right click on? I have found the game file, that has no 'properties' link, and if I go to the Application Support in the hidden Library file of my user file, navigating through Steam and then to the Garry's Mod folder, does nothing, with no way to right click anything. My son is dying to play, but I can't seem to figure this out... thanks for the help!
Garekt Oct 27, 2013 @ 7:18am 
Originally posted by jacecraft:
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but which "Garry's Mod" do I right click on? I have found the game file, that has no 'properties' link, and if I go to the Application Support in the hidden Library file of my user file, navigating through Steam and then to the Garry's Mod folder, does nothing, with no way to right click anything. My son is dying to play, but I can't seem to figure this out... thanks for the help!

On Steam, go to Library where it displays all the games you own and right click the name of the actual game *Right click the name Garry's Mod*. Then a list should appear with options such as Play Game & Properties. Click properties, go to Beta, then choose Development Branch.

Do not right click the game Icon on your dock or desktop. Right click the name of the game itself within Steam under Library. You should find what you're looking for then. Hope that helped explain.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2013 @ 1:57pm