Llama Licker Oct 22, 2013 @ 11:55pm
Mavericks is Free!
Hi everyone!
Mavericks on Mac is free!
I'm going to download it soon but will but will my applications like Steam, tf2, Office 2011(Word, Powerpoint and Excel and Mouse Accleration fixers still be there?
It says that Mavericks has much better performance!
Will my applications still be there if I download Mavericks?
Last edited by Llama Licker; Oct 22, 2013 @ 11:56pm
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Janichsan Oct 23, 2013 @ 12:51am 
Originally posted by (iŴɎ) Ţhè Đerpɏ ȚǛȒDLȆ Hѳơvḕs™:
Will my applications still be there if I download Mavericks?
Unless you wipe your hard drive when installing Mavericks, everything will still be there.
Llama Licker Oct 23, 2013 @ 1:09am 
What do you mean wipe?
s33r Oct 23, 2013 @ 4:50am 
What do you mean wipe?
Doesn't matter, your apps will still be there.
Llama Licker Oct 23, 2013 @ 4:57am 
Does tf2 work on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)? Some people say that it doesn't work?
Mozart Oct 23, 2013 @ 6:17am 
It works
beather4Mi ☂ Oct 23, 2013 @ 10:36am 
works
swabfalling Oct 23, 2013 @ 1:15pm 
You'll have to allow steam to "control your computer" in security and privacy to have access to steam overlay. It should prompt you when opening a game with instructions
Llama Licker Oct 24, 2013 @ 12:04am 
Originally posted by swabfalling:
You'll have to allow steam to "control your computer" in security and privacy to have access to steam overlay. It should prompt you when opening a game with instructions
What do you mean? For 10.9 Mavericks version?
Meekelis Oct 24, 2013 @ 12:41am 
Weird. My Steam won't run any games on Mavericks. I must look into it.
Llama Licker Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by Hyde:
Weird. My Steam won't run any games on Mavericks. I must look into it.
This is what I'm scared of.
Meekelis Oct 24, 2013 @ 4:23am 
Originally posted by Hyde:
Weird. My Steam won't run any games on Mavericks. I must look into it.
This is what I'm scared of.

Sorry for the scare. Turns out it works alright. Apparently Steam (or Source games, or something in between) break when you change OS X's accessibiity settings that you're asked to change on first launch. At that point after restarting Steam pretty much should work.
Llama Licker Oct 24, 2013 @ 4:31am 
Wha

Originally posted by Hyde:
This is what I'm scared of.

Sorry for the scare. Turns out it works alright. Apparently Steam (or Source games, or something in between) break when you change OS X's accessibiity settings that you're asked to change on first launch. At that point after restarting Steam pretty much should work.
What do you mean? Please tell me what to select and not to!
Meekelis Oct 24, 2013 @ 5:55am 
Wha

Originally posted by Hyde:

Sorry for the scare. Turns out it works alright. Apparently Steam (or Source games, or something in between) break when you change OS X's accessibiity settings that you're asked to change on first launch. At that point after restarting Steam pretty much should work.
What do you mean? Please tell me what to select and not to!

Just restart Steam if your games don't launch correctly on Mavericks.
Walter White Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:47am 
It will work
Llama Licker Oct 24, 2013 @ 1:08pm 
Ok. Thank you for all your help! Will download Mavericks this Friday night! How long does it take to download?
Last edited by Llama Licker; Oct 24, 2013 @ 1:08pm
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2013 @ 11:55pm
Posts: 15