Jim Bond Oct 22, 2013 @ 10:27am
Mavericks Free for Everyone!
OS X Mavericks has been released today and is free for everyone including those who are running 10.6 Snow Leopard!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Spaceman Oct 22, 2013 @ 1:08pm 
I'm going to waith this one out for maybe a week or less. If i hear good reception, i will download it, that way i can play some games that won't work on my osx.
Jim Bond Oct 22, 2013 @ 3:28pm 
Originally posted by Odd Flag:
I'm going to waith this one out for maybe a week or less. If i hear good reception, i will download it, that way i can play some games that won't work on my osx.

10.6.8 I presume, it's time to upgrade good sir!
Iced Volvo Oct 22, 2013 @ 11:52pm 
If I download mavericks, will I still have Steam and all my other applications on my hard drive? I don't want t download tf2 again!
Mozart Oct 23, 2013 @ 1:25am 
If I download mavericks, will I still have Steam and all my other applications on my hard drive? I don't want t download tf2 again!
You would not have to re-download anything.
Jim Bond Oct 23, 2013 @ 4:03pm 

Yes of course, it's an in place upgrade. It would be wise to back up via time machine before hand to be safe.
Iced Volvo Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:06am 
Originally posted by Jim Bond:

Yes of course, it's an in place upgrade. It would be wise to back up via time machine before hand to be safe.
How to backup? I don't have an external hard drive!
TheLoneWolf Oct 24, 2013 @ 9:39am 
How to backup? I don't have an external hard drive!

*SMACK* Fool! ALWAYS have a backup plan! Time Machine has been available for HOW LONG? >:(

In any case, Mavericks works like a charm after I DL'ed it yesterday after reparing disk permissions, backing up via Time Machine, and (just in case) made a clone of the Mavericks install files on a separate HDD just in case my internal drive choked during the process.

*VERY IMPORTANT: You'll need to re-enable the Steam overlay when you're done. Launch Steam and the assistive/locations notice should appear. Go to System Preferences>Privacy>Accessibility and check the box next to Steam.app (the app won't appear until the aforementioned message shows up).

Thanks to another Steam user found here for providing the above-mentioned tip.
Last edited by TheLoneWolf; Oct 24, 2013 @ 9:42am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 22, 2013 @ 10:27am