edward.daly Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:45am
Nothing works
Steam used to work fine on my macbook. Nothing has changed bar usual updates. I don't use it much but recently I needed to but:

- Running the 'app' gives me error 'Could not connect to Steam network...'. I read on a forum to try logging on via browser and providing the 'Access from new computer' security code. Did that, same error running app.

- I go to post a support request and get wrong user/password/security string thing. I'm using same user name and password used to logon successfully, in browser. I'm definitely typing in the write 'prove I'm human' string and tried several times.

- For the hell of it I hit forgot password and it says the email address isn't valid, despite being the very same email address Steam sent me the 'Access from new computer' message (btw it isn't a new computer).

- Also checked the Account details which confirms email address is as expected

So I can't use Steam or send a support request. Hence post here.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Mozart Oct 9, 2013 @ 9:07am 
Steam support requires to create separete account from your steam account.

Regarding steam not launching go to ~/library/application support/steam/ and delete everything but SteamApps
edward.daly Oct 10, 2013 @ 8:22am 
Thanks that explains support confusion. I reinstalled the desktop app and that fixed the 'could not connect...' I guess I could've tried that but somehow I expect stuff to work these days
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:45am