Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam for Mac > Dettagli della discussione
Frustrated with CS GO on MAC
some quick specs...
I'm running 10.6.8
Processor : 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory : 4GB 1067MHz DDR3

OK THE POINT :

I am tired of the random crashes that happen to me while playing the MAC version of CS GO. I will randomly be playing competitive and the game will crash. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also feel free to comment any other issues with the MAC version of CS GO.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 30
This sounds pretty sketchy lol anyone confirm or deny this?
Thats interesting, I think GO has only crashed on my mac like once out of 1000 times opening it.
Don't click on the link in the first reply. You cannot "download more RAM". That's absolutely false and completely silly. RAM is a physical component to your machine and can only be increased through inserting more physical RAM modules into vacant slots (if any) on the motherboard. Some Macs unforunately have the RAM soldered to the board itself which makes upgrading impossible from a practical standpoint.

Anyhow, the problem the OP is experiencing does sound like there is a shortage of memory. The only way you can fix it is by upgrading the size by adding more modules or swapping out the current ones for others of a larger capacity. Another solution is to check and see if you have any applications running running in the background. Using the Activity Monitor will help you in that regard. Just make sure not to quit processes that are essential to your system.
Sometimes it's not the game, it's your computer. Best of luck.
Thanks KKiONI. Are there any activites i specifically should quit that might not be easy to identify? Like something with a confusing name that should be running? Also would running the game on lower resolution decrease these crashes?
Also would deleting programs that I dont use help at all?
I don't have any processes that I could list off at the top of my head, unfortunately. It's pretty much up to you to go through the list and determine whether you can safely close it. If you know what the process corrosponds to, it's probably best to leave it be. You could do an Google search if you wanted to see if it's fine to close. Just be careful though when you are doing that.

Another thing you can look at is the list of startup applications and disable any you don't need. You can find out how to see your startup applications here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-an-Application-from-Opening-at-Startup-With-Mac-OS-X
Same caution as the bit above. When disabling a startup application, it's best to make sure you know what you are stopping exactly and know what will happen when you disable it. When in doubt, leave it be or research what it does then use your best judgement from there. It'd also be a good idea to note down changes in a text file just for your own reference just in case.

Running the game at a lower resolution probably won't solve the problem. Typically, what is taking up most of the memory is the game's resources like textures, sounds, models, etc, so changing the resolution won't really affect how much these take up.

Removing applications might help, but only if they happen to be ones that run in the background without you knowing. Though it's a good practice to remove stuff you are no longer using, nevertheless.
Thank you sir. I will try these things.
No problem, hope this helps! :-)
Thanks, this will help
I have decided to upgrade to 8gb of 1066 DDR 3
That should definitely give your system some more wiggle room. Did it ressolve your issue?
I just bought it today. Should be here in two days. I'll update this post when i get it.
Messaggio originale di Morbus:
You might want to download some more ram, mate.
Just 'cause I'm a nice guy, I'll show you how. Click this link - http://downloadmoreram.com/ and click "Download now" under two gigabytes, the four gigabytes version sends you to a fake download.

And then you're good to go.

Lol! I remember that link.

Messaggio originale di .voltage:
This sounds pretty sketchy lol anyone confirm or deny this?

It is a joke. You can't download ram.

At the bottom of the page it states (in small letters): "This whole website is a joke :) hope it made you laugh."
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 30
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam for Mac > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 31 ott 2013, ore 14:22