JatSingh01 Nov 29, 2013 @ 4:28pm
Shadowgrounds 'unexpectedly quit'
Hi, I am new to steam [as in 2 days old] and I have purchased the Frostbyte bundle of the 2 Shadowgrounds games and Trine and Trine 2.

I have just finished downloading Shadowground however when I attempt to launch it, it comes back with 'Shadowgrounds has unexpectedly quit'

I have been searching the forums and the net and on the advice i have downloaded X11 and restarted my laptop and Steam but still get the same issue.

Can anyone please offer any insight? I have the new Macbook Pro so i dounbt there is any issue with the specs.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered.

Jat
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
KingCole Jan 1 @ 5:09pm 
I am also having the same issue. I downloaded the XQuartz as a substitute for the other X11 program that was no longer available and no matter the attempt the outcome is an unexpected quit.
JatSingh01 Jan 3 @ 4:01pm 
Hi, KingCole, this issue has been resolved by Xandr in the Shadowgrounds > General Discussions > Topic Details thread.

If you go there a work around has been found for Mavericks to allow you to play Shadowgrounds and Survior.

Jat
Pseud04aktiv Jan 3 @ 4:01pm 
:)
KingCole Jan 20 @ 9:47pm 
sudo open '/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Shadowgrounds/shadowgrounds.app/Contents/Resources/shadowgrounds.app'

Wow, what a relief this has been. Thanks Jat and thank you Xandr.
Buffet Time Jan 20 @ 11:10pm 
i'm posting for no reason! :D
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2013 @ 4:28pm