Kingdom101 Nov 11, 2013 @ 7:35am
GET GAMES FOR MAC TO EQUAL WINDOWS AND MAC
most games cant be played....WHY ........ MAKE IT EQUAL SUPPORT ME....I CANT PLAY TERRARIA SAINTS ROW...
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
thienkevin Nov 11, 2013 @ 7:47am 
I SUPPORT YOU,MUST BE EQUAL, STEAM WHY LIKE THAT OH?!

Last edited by thienkevin; Nov 11, 2013 @ 7:47am
piratrom Nov 11, 2013 @ 8:27am 
I want them to be the same too, I do not know why it is not already? Steam, please, equality soon.

(My English is bad ... sorry)
TG Lantaern Nov 11, 2013 @ 8:40am 
its not steams fault, its the developers of the actual games
Kane Nov 11, 2013 @ 10:50am 
there are some games for mac, but a mac is not strong enough (maybe for terraria, but not for Saints Row) , so if you want to play a game get a windows, if you can afford a mac, you must be able to afford a windows pc for gaming :-)

I have a mac for work (doh, mac is not made for gaming) so i know :-)
Last edited by Kane; Nov 11, 2013 @ 10:52am
Mozart Nov 11, 2013 @ 12:08pm 
why not just use bootcamp?
Cdr Nov 11, 2013 @ 1:04pm 
Although the Mac Steam client is a bit buggier than the Windows one too
Kingdom101 Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:19am 
bootcamp lags, my windows just lag too much and cant startup.. ._.
Riwels Nov 12, 2013 @ 6:06am 
Originally posted by Kingdom101:
Bootcamp can't lag because lag is something related to networks connections...
You have something misconfigured or your hardware is to low for games.
Last edited by Riwels; Nov 12, 2013 @ 6:07am
Timinator002 Nov 12, 2013 @ 7:52am 
It is too expensive for some Gamestudios, because there are not enough Mac players, who would pay enough, that the game could be written too for mac.
Sorry, my english is not really the best:
Kingdom101 Nov 13, 2013 @ 3:44am 
accually there is alot of mac gamers
Timinator002 Nov 13, 2013 @ 7:07am 
Seem like there are not enough
Casit Nov 15, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
Originally posted by Riwels:
Originally posted by Kingdom101:

bootcamp isnt a solution. bootcamp pretty much halfs the computer's power making it a weak gaming machine. i use a 2012 model macbook pro and i can hit high res on all games (sc2, dota2, amnesia, AOE3) quiet easily. it still runs at 60 fps, crossover is the only tool that doesnt slow anything down although last time i checked steam doesnt allow ports
T0ss51 Nov 16, 2013 @ 4:37am 
I downloaded games on steam on windows there are some times that, and I will like to know if it was possible to get these games on my macbook now? For the moment, they are not compatible with mac :/
How to do?
Riwels Nov 18, 2013 @ 8:46am 
Originally posted by Casit:
Originally posted by Riwels:

bootcamp isnt a solution. bootcamp pretty much halfs the computer's power making it a weak gaming machine. i use a 2012 model macbook pro and i can hit high res on all games (sc2, dota2, amnesia, AOE3) quiet easily. it still runs at 60 fps, crossover is the only tool that doesnt slow anything down although last time i checked steam doesnt allow ports

Yes, boot camp is a solution, and the best available for Mac computers. It's also the one developed by Apple, so think how good must be...
Unless you have the most expensive Macbook pro, it comes with an integrated intel graphic card and this is not really good for gaming. Playing AOE3 or DOTA2 at high is not really hard. Talk about Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Arma3... Intel HD4600 can't even move COD Ghosts at full specs.

I don't think Crossover is a good alternative. First, because it's not free, 48€ by year. And second, because looking at his compatibility list, it can't run many of the coolest games. No Battlefield 3/4, no BlackOps 2, no crysis/warhead...
NeoTheThird Dec 23, 2013 @ 3:55am 
In my Opinion, Mac would be much better for gaming, if you could uprade the hardware. But i experience, that games run much better on the same hardware with MacOS, than on Windows.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2013 @ 7:35am