Toto téma bylo uzamčeno
ALL GAMERS PLAYING ON MAC PLEASE READ THIS
Im a gamer and I have a Mac. As a gamer ,I would like to play ALL videogames but I cant. Companies dont publish their games on Mac (and Linux). A lot of people say me that I have to install Bootcamp or use Wine. If i install bootcamp ,the computer will lag so much and Wine dont works good with all games. I think we have the same rights than Windows gamers. In this post I call all Mac gamers that want ,as me, to play all that great games on Mac to start a revolution. IF YOU ARE A MAC USER AND A GAMER REPLY THIS!!!!!! LETS HOW MANY WANT ALL THE GAMES ON MAC!!!!!!
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 26 komentářů
No.
You're a moron.
Some people CAN'T produce games on Mac, you half-wit.
Some people don't WANT to port their games to Mac.
And you know what's bloody well funny?
THEY DON'T HAVE TO PORT THE GAMES.
Quit whining and get a windows computer.
Then you wont have to stand around asking stupid questions like "Durr durr why wont gurri' mud sturt hurr?", or asking people to join your stupid cause.

TL;DR, get windows or GTFO.
Yes, I do have a Mac.
Your computer would not lag because of bootcamp. It wont affect OS X at all.
OS X development cost extra $. The amount of gamers, who only use OS X is (very) minor. Profit generated by Mac sales doesnot usually exceed Development cost for OS X.
Naposledy upravil Perfect Player; 9. lis. 2013 v 15.12
Morbus původně napsal:
No.
You're a moron.
Then you wont have to stand around asking stupid questions like "Durr durr why wont gurri' mud sturt hurr?", or asking people to join your stupid cause.

Yes, I do have a Mac.
yes he is right... if you a mad gamer then you goign to need a good pc (BUT DONT GET VIURSES)
Mozart původně napsal:
Your computer would not lag because of bootcamp. It wont affect OS X at all.
OS X development cost extra $. The amount of gamers, who only use OS X is (very) minor. Profit generated by Mac sales doesnot usually exceed Development cost for OS X.
Well said right here.
Also, for running Bootcamp, it really depends on your specs of your mac.
i think you mean 'use bootcamp or install wine'
No.
You're a moron.

Yes, I do have a Mac. [/quote]

I think ALL indie games are produced for mac and linux
yeah don't whine... I've been a PC for over 30 years. I FINALLY got a imac and (well love it far more than my PCs) I installed Parallels and it runs my windows games better than my loaded PC's. I mainly play Virtual Skipper and Sail sim 5 (windows only). I also run flight simX - all under win8 in a window or full screen on the iMac. the SSD screams. LONG AGO Mac used a difference processor (68000 based if I recall right) and later they changed to same processor as PC. BACK THEN the ports were totally different, and wasn't enough mac users to make it worth while. Today they use the same processor and the ports are pretty easy. And everyone I know has a Mac now. I hated macs for 30 years - until I got one. Well I hated those ONE MOUSE BUTTON macs.
Game developers are usually aiming towards the most popular platfor which is Windows. If they where to develop a game for Mac as well, it would cost them lots of money. Og course, some of the bigger games comes to Mac as well, but that's because they have enough money to do so. I'm a die hard Mac user, but I'm getting a gamer Windows machine soon, just to get full game support. And bootcamp won't slow down your Mac. It just require enough HDD-space, and you're good to go :)
bootcamp better for game!
I totally agree. Apple is the most advanced company of technology equipment. These computers should be loaded with all types of games. THE GOOD ONES. its not fair that all the good games are for Windows only.
Im a mac user and i will agree mac beats windows in everything but gaming. I use my mac for everything but when it comes to gaming, i game on my PC. More and more games are coming out for Mac now but if you want to game on the computer properly, id suggest you buy a PC.
Looking at the last Steam's hardware survey, you will find that only 3.58% of Steam users are using OSX (Mac is not the OS...).
Why should developers waste his time to reach less than 4% of users? It has no sense, specially when you can install Windows on your Mac computer, so being Windows only doesn't mean you are not able to play the game.

OSX is good at video editing, music production and other stuff, but IT'S NOT GOOD AT GAMING. And not just because of the lack of games, also because of lower framerates, harder to manage API, etc.
Also his default hardware is not the best for gaming. Most MacPro's comes with the integrated IntelHD graphics, which are enough to move games like TF2 or COD at low-mid specs, but it's not enough to move Battlefield 4 at full specs.

If you want to play a lot of games, just install Windows on your Mac using bootcamp. You will get better performance on gaming than using OSX, and many more games.
You can also build a good regular computer or laptop and install both Windows and OSX on it. Then you can take the best of both worlds: The power at work and good software from OSX, the Windows gaming advantages, custom hardware, upgradability if you build a custom MacPro and cheaper hardware prices. Then you can also install other OOSS, like SteamOS when it's release.

Better bootcamp, I only use OSX for Counter-Strike cause I can use smcFancontrol there.
Parallels doesn't need to be rebooted - I run win8 along side OSX at the same time. The windows games I installed on it run faster and smoother on the Mac than they do on my high end Dell. I've always hated mac. I used them back in the one button days and they drove me crazy. I was a paid beta tester for Activision and have been a PC for decades. Why do I have a Mac? I did a sign for a iMac store (large awning) and they offered to pay me more value in a iMac than in cash. so I took the iMac. In 2 days I found the Mac to be vastly superior to the PC. It's worth it for Final Cut Pro alone. HOWEVER - I still HATE APPLE as a company. I feel the surface pads will seriously hurt apple in time. I really hate that the ipad is locked up so you can't log into a network on it or run flash. OSX isn't flawless there are some REALLY STUPID things (no move file in the file menu - you must hold a key) to move instead of copy is one really stupid thing. And there are many. I prefer the iMac for games, except I've not had good luck with controllers. Can you plug in a PC controller in the USB port? Those I tested acted like switched and not pots. But maybe that was the way the flight sim app was programmed? but seemed really poor. ALSO someone said "look at Steam hardware survey" you CAN use that as a means of comparing mac to pc gamers. I never heard of steam until I bought a game that installed it. Hardly a logical means of comparing game players systems out there. Also a game PC is much cheaper than a Mac game system. My iMac was around 1700. Where I could get a PC game machine for 600 bucks. I've since added a SSD as my boot drive (incredible) and I have 10TB of storage. I hate apple, but I love the iMac. Run your games via parallels. IT's amazing. It runs Rocksmight 2014 however I'm having a problem getting the output device to work. But people on PC's have posted the same. You can drag and drop files from OSX to WIN8 back and forth... it's really the best of both worlds.
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 26 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 9. lis. 2013 v 7.22
Počet příspěvků: 26