Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam for Mac > Подробности темы
MAC Performance
Hey, i can't understand why since i've bought the counter strike complete pack, it runs so bad, the performance sucks, i can run diablo 3 in medium-hight with hight textures, but i run counter strike 1.6, hey 1.6!! so laggy and unplayable, because steam...obviusly i tried the non steam app, and it runs! perfectly, without issues, why on steam "the original" counter strike, runs horrible if my system techs are 3 times more higher than the recommended?, i read all the discussions forums and there is no a helpful answer, all of that were reasons of why the mac doesn't works like windows, only comparisons, windows perfomance is better because...i do not care, i only wanna play counter strike 1.6 - to counter strike source with a playable perfomance.

Hey i've been playing Diablo 3 from blizzard co, until today, so it isn't problems of my mac, it works perfect, so the steam app too, but the games...
well please help me, i've spend money on this games so i wanna play them.

i want a SOLUTION, not a reason of why mac don't performs like a windows, i don't care that s...

Blessings! Thank you, your games are awesome.
< >
Сообщения 115 из 19
Counter strike runs great for me - full graphics on high - max res. ????
I don't play it though because I didn't care for it. It kept doing the same mission over nad over like I was playing capture the flag or something. I'll have to look at it again. but prefer call of duty 4 since I got that.
Mac don't perform like windows - it performs better than windows. all my Mac games run great, 2 o fmy 3 PC games crash BF4 and Sniper 2 = (
it's ok, but that don't answer my problem
there's no problems playing games...only steam...why counter strike source runs perfect without steam and with steam..sucks..? that's my question..
This is not really submitted to this title but couldn't find another topic..
On the games that are available on steam for mac, is the iMac 27 inch late 2013 good for games like Dota 2 and CS:GO?

Thanks!
well, yes, every imac runs a game perfectly, but why there nobody that can answer that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ question, some one knows how y can get my money back?, please
FINALLY!!! thanks, i'll try that...maybe it can works..
Because Valve uses the OpenGL 2.2 profile for their titles on the Mac unlike their Linux based games which use the OpenGL 3.3 profile.

In a nutshell, Valve has the coding necessary to make the Mac games preform like a beast unlike now where the Mac versions are piss poor ports of their Windows variations.

However, Mavericks is the only operating system that supports OpenGL 3.3 (in fact, it supports up to OpenGL 4.1). For Valve to convert their Mac games to OpenGL 3.3... well... this would eliminate a lot of their Mac userbase in a quick instant.

It's a double-edged sword.
EXCUSE ME AS I'M NEW TO MAC. - Is there a reason people wouldn't have the latest OS? like will some machines not run it? why would they not want the latest? I downloaded it and installed Mavericks... wouldn't everyone? Programming for 2.2 or other older openGL- wouldn't that be like limiting your game to win XP and DirectX 7?

However I hate no gripes, I sold my first mac after 6 months of using it and finding I prefer Mac to PC's. It was a 2 core, I now have 4 core and all my games run awesome. In very high res with all options on. Just tryed f1 2013 for the free weekend and all maxed out - ti's sliky smooth. though seemed limited to 1600x900? (was my max option) rather than 2560x1440 of my other games. Still looked fantastic. I also have less than best graphics card 6970M
Batman Arkham city is also mezzmerizing.
Macs are too hard to play games on if you wanted to play TF2 or Gmod I would strongly advise not playing it on a mac because it is laggy as I know now. I'm not sure if Bootcamp would help (a software that changes mac OSX into a windows 7) but if it does can someone notify me so I can try it. Thanks.
I see you complaining all over. Just repleid to your other (really stupid statement)
Fro this question - bootcamp will allow you to run the WINDOWS versions of games or same game you are running in the Mac. It will not let you run a mac game faster and it's very unlikely that your PC version will be faster than the Mac version. I run a lot of PC games using Parallels. YOUR PROBLEM is not the Mac or the OS - it's your duo core machine is TO OLD and outdated. I had one - it was good for everything but good games. My daughter took it for her "internet computer" and I replaced it with a quad core. You can't get 911 performance out of a VW beetle. Update your computer hardware and quick whining.
< >
Сообщения 115 из 19
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam for Mac > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 6 янв. 2014 г. в 17:55